Excursion Roof Size?

boll_rig

Adventurer
Hey everyone, had a quick question for excursion owners out there. Asking for a little help. Couple of you may know me as a suburban guy, but I keep have problem after problem with my old rig. Now its the transmission--for a second time.

Debating looking into an excursion, however, I would want to swap my poptop to it. I can't find anything on the dimensions of the roof. Anyone out there wanna take a quick measurement for me? Probably looking to about a half inch into the start of each curve as it drops off to the sides--if that makes any sense. Then just a general front to back length. Hoping my topper would fit with a little work.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

amgvr4

Adventurer
I just measured mine. I would say usable area for that is about 50" wide by 108" long. There are a couple of grooves where the factory rack sits and you probably don't want to cut much outside of that. If you did there is closer to 52 or 53" of width.

Last edited:

boll_rig

Adventurer
Hey thanks for the help. I think that would actually fit nicely for the poptop. I was a bit worried it would be much larger. Now to see if I can find one cheap enough...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior