Excursion pop top from CCV

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Since I met with Mike (excursion Pop top dico thing) over the weekend to share some ideas on his pop top I told him and a few others on the portal once I got rolling on my current project I would start a build thread so here it is. A 2003 Ford Excursion getting the Colorado Camper Van treatment Pop top. Construction is steel reinforced wood covered in fiberglass. Every mating surface of wood is glued and screwed the finished top will be insulated and and carpeted on the inside and painted to match on the out side. It will get an electric lift because the top is getting the thule rack mounted back on it to hold four bikes and 4 pairs of skis and a basket rack on the front lower level of the roof. I will post pictures as the progress continues.
IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
That is going to be great! I always thought an Excursion with a pop top and set up camper van style would be a sweet rig. Im really looking forward to following this build. GOOD LUCK! :coffeedrink:

What are the plans for the build, interior, etc?

StromHawk60

Observer
do you think this company could do same thing to crew cab top?

Your post got me thinking again of what I thought might be a crazy idea - can this company do the same thing to the top of my F350 crew cab? I have a Leer cap that slopes up from the cab that I really love. thought of a RTT over the cab but this idea is much better (HEAT).

Anybody know if this has been done or if this company has tried? Structural issues?

jturkey69

Observer
:Wow1::Wow1: That looks amazing!!!!!! any pics of the inside, and such? prepare for this thread to cath fire!!

nemoaz

Observer
Really nice. I'd love to see the interior pics. It would also be nice to have some larger pics of the CCV vans from your webpage. Are they available anywhere?

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Wow, that is truly awesome! Makes me want one for my Tahoe! :drool:

Guys who want interior pics - watch the video he linked to. Great shot of the interior. Exceptionally well done. Bravo!!!!:victory:

dsw4x4

Adventurer
02Tahoemd I will be doing a yukon next!! Keep an eye out for pictures in the next month or so.
Derek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles