Everyman Van Project

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
That’s only 50ah useable power though. But yeah, that can be enough for short stops
Plus 200 watts of solar, Plus the ability to charge by running the van for a few minutes.

How much power do you plan on using with a fridge, and some phones and led lights? You can throw a lithium 100ah in the same place and double your spot. Or if you arent running a heater, 2 100ah batteries fit

Got the cabinet unit for the fridge slide completed yesterday
Dometic Slide Based Cabinet by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Next up is to start working on the Galley today! Then the upper cabinets, and send it out for cabinet faces and powder! Getting close :)

Paddy

Adventurer
For my scope of use, 2 or 3 days max off the cord, without solar or driving is the worst case so I designed my electrical for that. My fridge takes an amp, and furnace takes whatever it takes depending on weather, but we like to run it pretty hard. Designing in a big solar system is great for sail boats and rigs that stay put for months on end, but it’s easier and cheaper to build in a little extra AH for folks that wander more than that.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
For my scope of use, 2 or 3 days max off the cord, without solar or driving is the worst case so I designed my electrical for that. My fridge takes an amp, and furnace takes whatever it takes depending on weather, but we like to run it pretty hard. Designing in a big solar system is great for sail boats and rigs that stay put for months on end, but it’s easier and cheaper to build in a little extra AH for folks that wander more than that.
And its easy to put a second battery, or two 100ah batteries in that spot. Or a larger 200ah lithium under the hood.

If you want a bigger battery, its like an hour away from being there. Im not sure what you expect out of a brand new 80,000 van. You can't have everything. I can do the traditional wood construction on everything and build it like a squeaky piece of ******** and put 300ah in there for you?

The idea behind this is a solid, beastly, well built and bombproof van that you can expand if you need to. I think it ticks all the boxes. I KNOW it does.

grampswrx

Observer
This is really cool to see. Great work!

I wonder how much of the market is 2 person adventure groups. I have little kids so I’m always looking for a way to get them out there but most builds cater to people who only need 2 seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
This is really cool to see. Great work!

I wonder how much of the market is 2 person adventure groups. I have little kids so I’m always looking for a way to get them out there but most builds cater to people who only need 2 seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty huge

Plus, If you get a 170 wheelbase crew, you have seats and I can do anything.

Video update on the van!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Galley and fridge cabinet are all done and skinned with composite. Headed out to my cabinet guy, then ill cover the composite with matching fabric!
Next up is the upper cabinets and this build is pretty much done

Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

The Galley has predrilled and located Lagun Table mount as well, so if you would like to add it, no need to worry about how to mount it!

eporter

Adventurer
Nice construction on those cabinets. Looks like some kind of sintra/plastic panels riveted on the forward facing sides? I see a plastic film on the rear of the sink cabinet. Is that another material? Always trying to learn more about different construction approaches.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Nice construction on those cabinets. Looks like some kind of sintra/plastic panels riveted on the forward facing sides? I see a plastic film on the rear of the sink cabinet. Is that another material? Always trying to learn more about different construction approaches.
Its an aluminum composite. its 2.5 more than 1/4 plywood, but its 1/8" thick, and super strong, easy to cut, and half the weight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior