Everyman Van Project

Paddy

Adventurer
Cool. My every man van concepts run similarly, because my previous builds have sometimes made the mistake of building in the van to the point where it isn’t useful as a VAN anymore for utility, which is a a shame because having a van to move stuff is real handy.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Got alot done, but not as much as id like over hte past week or so.
Sick today, so sending in an update!
Wiring is 100% complete, battery tie down made, and pads from movement made. 100AH AGM battery, with DC to DC Charging, and 200watts of solar. Should be pretty golden. Can also monitor your voltages via Ctek App. Its not quite victron level, but its much less expensive.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
As always all stainless. Fasteners and tie down
Then installed the rather pricey Alpine Mechanism swivels. Must have for every van for sure

Horrible picture but mounted up the bed mount tracks. Will open up the holes a bit more so they sit more flush. Plenty of structure for the bed
Then i build the bed frame. Its actually an inch narrower at the back than the front, go figure. Is what it is i guess.
Ill add in some more structure, then skin the top with some composite aluminum as always. Should fit a queen bed butted up against the back door.

Reactions: WVI

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Nice clean work and you're getting it done in a hurry. Very impressive. What composite aluminum do you use?

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Its a thin gauge aluminum/pvc/aluminum sammich. Kinda like sign material

And it's strong enough to support a bed without sagging? Do you have a link?

Oh wait I just reread that you're going to add more structure first. So some beams or something to prevent sagging then?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Did some cad work last night to get the wheel well covers and supports welded into the bed.
Welded up both of the wheel well covers, all Tig welded and ready to be covered. I do have matching fabric to skin the boxes and cabinets in, so that will happen as well.

Next up today is to do some electrical work on a customer van, finish up the bed frame protrusion into the door area, and start on the galley. May need to make it a bit longer, as it will be sliding under the bed, so i can maximize storage space!
design by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Paddy

Adventurer
Do you think 100ah will be enough? I just ordered the 200ah version of that battery. Very good value at Walmart for 299$!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94