Ever seen RTT Patterns...

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Well I picked up a Singer 111w155 industrial sewing machine and have had lots of fun with it. Been sewing everything from seat belt webbing to equipment covers. Now I think Im ready to tackle a roof top tent. I know this is a shot in the dark but are there any patterns for rtt's avaliable? Has anybody seen such a thing? I am sure I can make them just wondering. Might save some time and effort. :wings:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I've never seen patterns but we too just bought an industrial sewing machine

for the wife to shorten her jeans.......:)

I have an old RTT which I'm going to re-cover,I'll be taking mine apart to make the pattern for the new one, adding some material to where mine broke
as it was too small for the frame so the corners stretched and broke.

Add a porch to one end so the dog can have his own space .

change the windows to the larger design common now.

If I was starting from scratch, which is also a concideration, I'd happily add a few mins set up and take down to make a larger tent, similar to technitop.

First make the base and frame, measure and make a rough roof and sides out of old sheet material, clip the material over the frame using pegs and pins till it sits right.

tack the material with a hand large running stitch.

remove and check for symetry.

single line sew with the wifes new toy.

check fit and trim sheets to allow for folded seams.

adjust if necessary.

Pick out the sewing .........and there you have your pattern for each piece.

For where the material fits to the frame I was going use bungy cord to hold in place so it stretches rather than the material.

Mine also has straight zip opennings which makes it easier to make.

material wize I have a heavy duty army green PVC covered material for the roof and for the sides waterproof boat canvas for breathability.

I'm not planning a seperate fly to flap arround

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94