Ever see one of these?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
pickup truck?...looks quite useful...room for six adults...large bed for storage...funny they aren't that popular

borison

Adventurer
I met the builder today, nice guy. Impressive build. The headliner wasn't in so I could see the inner structure. Forgot to ask him about the frame.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I’ve seen that beautiful rig around the truck forums quite a bit. That guy did an outstanding and tasteful job with it.

While GM never offered a crew cab in that body style there were a few coach builds doing crew cab conversions back in the day but they were hideous looking. Check out these unfortunate mutts with 4 front doors. I can’t remember the name of the coach builder but they also did 6 and 8 door Suburban’s as well.
2bd9_4.JPG

cid__IMG_3659.jpg

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
I had a 1970 that was built by a company in Grants Pass, OR. It started as a standard length K20 and they shortened the front of the box and added the rear cab extension, so it remained standard length and had a short box. It was only a two-door with a split front seat, and the passenger end of the seat folded forward for access to the back seat.

I LOVED that truck, but sold it about 25+ years ago and I'm still kicking myself. I managed to locate it again a couple of years ago, and one of these days I'm gonna pay the guy a visit and see if I can buy it back. It would make a great expedition rig.

Just one of several vehicles I've sold that I regret selling. Another was a 1976 FJ-40. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles