EV vs ICE

billiebob

Excellent article.... Danny nails it.

I compare EVs to ICE cars 50 years ago before the EPA and the oil embargo and CARB. Give EV Technology another 50 years to work on battery technology and electricity generation and the ICE will truley be as popular as the Stanley Steamer.

Where I live ALL my electricity comes from Hydro Generation so I'm in the 29K mile break even market. I'm thinking places like Alberta and the Dakotas might be closer to the 90K mile break even point but Alberta is making big moves with "greener" choices like wind.

Before any real technology break thrus come there needs to be a demand, market, for that research which is one reason governments are funding subsidies and grants to buyers and energy providers. No different than the way we subsidize big oil today.

PS, even tho everything we buy is more efficient today, our electric gadgets keep consuming more electricity every year. Anyone truly worried about dirty lithium batteries needs to give up their laptop, smart phone, tablet, cordless razor, headlamps, Siri, GPS gadgets and rescue thingies..... the list of gadgets we accept as must haves is endless.... and most of those no longer have replaceable batteries creating even more consumerism and recycle issues.

Every day there is news about better ways to power/charge EVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles