Eureka Ignite propane stove

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Is any one using one of these. I read up on propane stoves, because I wanted to replace my old Coleman 2 burner 413E that's served me well, but aging. I've been experiencing a lack of control of the flame intensity and heat control, which I'm sure can be at least part way cured with a rebuild. I've wanted to switch to propane for some time now, but have heard that even the new Coleman propane stoves suffer the same flaw - lack of control. You either get almost full flame or none at all. The reviews I read on this stove rave about how much better they are for temp control. REI was having a 20% off sale, so I ordered me one and just received this stove. Can't wait to try it out!
IMG_1363a.JPG

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Price point
The link that I posted has the REI price. It's the same price on Amazon. If you're a REI member you can get 20% off & free shipping at their site for a limited time.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Well the one and only trip I've managed during this lockdown was a 3 days/2 nights off road jaunt and the stove itself worked flawlessly. However, even though smaller and more compact than my Coleman, it still takes up considerable counter space. So I'll be attempting to fab up an under the counter pull out tray that will also house the stove while on the road.

Existing spot on counter:
IMG_1469a.JPG

hour

Observer
Would be cool if you could make it slide out to the side so you don't have to lean over it to access things on the counter

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Would be cool if you could make it slide out to the side so you don't have to lean over it to access things on the counter
That's a neat idea! My plan is to have it slide out & be at 90 degrees from the sink. Sort of like a corner counter in a kitchen. At least it should free up counter space for meal prep. I haven't seen a slide that could do that, except for keyboard trays. But they're not big or strong enough to work for a stove.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Well, the good Lord provided a slide assembly that will work for this stove as I had planned. A couple of pics for explanation:

For cooking
IMG_1490a.JPG

And when retracted, a secure place to store for traveling:
IMG_1492a.JPG

And I gain back valuble counter space and the storage spot should help keep travel damage to a minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne