Eur 1 Certificate, anyone familiar with ?

Felipe

Observer
Hello,
The Eur 1 is a certificate of origin from the European Community. It is issued to certify that a product was manufactured in the EC. Something similar to the NAFTA certificate within Canada-USA-Mexico. It is used to avoid payment of taxes (or at least part of them) when importing a product coming form a country that has international commercial agreements with your country.

Here is the case:
Im trying to import into Mexico a U500 from the USA. The U500 was originally bought from a Freightliner dealer in the USA buy the person Im trying to buy it from.
My custom agent in Mexico, tells me that in order to avoid high taxes I need to get the Eur 1. He tells me that when this U500 was imported into to the USA it most had a EUR 1 certificate. The current owner does not have the certificate or a copy of it (he does not need it)

Does anyone knows if this certificate is actually needed or used to import UNIMOGS or other European trucks into the USA ? If so, any idea of how to contact Freightliner to try to get a copy of the one for this particular U500 ?

Maybe Im on an impossible mission.

Thanks a lot
Felipe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior