Eseries opinions

CodyY

Explorer
Ive got a trusty rusty 97 with 125,000 mile 7.3.

I use the term rusty loosely.
Quarters and rockers are gone. Its from Missouri. Do i replace them or swap the body? Van was cheap and a keeper, just not sure.:confused:

CodyY

Explorer
Rust so bad, i had to weld new lower shock mounts onto the radius arms.

Full Ujoint planned, of course, but I need to buy some time. Its a short-body cargo.

I can see the shop floor in the right rear quarter. Kinda leaning towards just bobbing the 1/4's and boat-sides on the rockers. Rattle-can rhino from the bodyline down. And run it till i start the conversion. Then yank the body and work on the cancer and convert to 4*4. I do have the equipment and talent to pull it off, just curious how bad a body swap actually is.

Village Idiot
There is a thread on supermotojunkie.com, but you have to sign up because it's in the members only section, where a guy does a body swap. It didn't look that hard other than lots of wiring to swap over. But I guess that stuff just unplugs, and plugs back in.

On another note, I live in New Orleans %85 of the time. I can get you a van body fairly easy here. Very high mileage E series vans run around 3k here. And of course, not a spec of rust.

I travel all over, so for gas $$$ I could possibly bring you/meet with said van.

A good place to talk to about that would be:

Victory Motors
1917 Airline Dr Kenner, LA 70062
(504) 467-3650

They have a van boneyard too. So you might could buy a non-running one.

Link on SMJ: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?50214-Van-SM-Haulers-ONLY

Hope this helps.

CodyY

Explorer
Sweet, Im a member there, will check it out.

Should be plenty around here but finding a clean-ish one with a popped motor would be ideal.

CodyY

Explorer
6a3urane.jpg

e8egy7uq.jpg

u7a2aqum.jpg

umabegy8.jpg

Um yeah. Upon further re-inspection its not even worth the "practice" of jacking with it

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yea, thats bad. The body swap isn't bad as long as you have a lift and the body/chassis aren't too far off in model years. Hardest part of pulling the body is the rusty body bolts. Other than cutting them, it's a half day job at the most (pulling)

CodyY

Explorer
Yea, thats bad. The body swap isn't bad as long as you have a lift and the body/chassis aren't too far off in model years. Hardest part of pulling the body is the rusty body bolts. Other than cutting them, it's a half day job at the most (pulling)

Roger that. Kinda what I figured. Scarfing torch and lift, check. Just time consuming with the wiring.

Other than powerwash and rattlecan, what do we like on the frame? POR15?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles