Escrow Account To Build Custom Camper

Anyone who has been around here long enough has read the horror stories of non delivery of campers, poor quality, unsightly cost overruns, constant missed delivery dates, stolen deposits. List goes on and on.

I can understand why a builder would want a deposit on a custom build, not so much to fund the build,\\ but to assure that upon completion the builder is not stuck with selling a camper, because the customer changed their mind.

When you consider some custom builds exceed $50K, would it be more appropriate for builder and customer to have an escrow type of account to cover each party? Yes it would add to the cost of the build but offer protection for both parties. Is this something we might see in the future of Expo and Offroad Camper industry? I know that probably some of the more high end builds, think 6 figures, may already do this sort of thing.

opp

Observer
That seams like a great plain . The way I though would be pay when the frame is done then pod ,inter , that help keep cost down .But with escrow that work better for the builder.

john61ct

Adventurer
Would need a very tight spec sheet for what constitutes an acceptable deliverable.

And a trusted arbitration process.

Adds to the overhead for sure.

GkraneTX

Anyone who has been around here long enough has read the horror stories of non delivery of campers, poor quality, unsightly cost overruns, constant missed delivery dates, stolen deposits. List goes on and on.

I can understand why a builder would want a deposit on a custom build, not so much to fund the build,\\ but to assure that upon completion the builder is not stuck with selling a camper, because the customer changed their mind.

When you consider some custom builds exceed $50K, would it be more appropriate for builder and customer to have an escrow type of account to cover each party? Yes it would add to the cost of the build but offer protection for both parties. Is this something we might see in the future of Expo and Offroad Camper industry? I know that probably some of the more high end builds, think 6 figures, may already do this sort of thing.

Excellent idea if you could implement it.

opp

Observer
Then you need to worry about escrow co taking your money then file bankruptcy . Then it not a crime .The last build we did . person put down a big down payment The trailer builder filed. They had flooded the web. That where the best. What we did was build the frame then went and did all DMV paper work now if the trailer disappear it's a crime GTA in most states

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz