Escape Gear Canvas Seat Cover on Sale!

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Paul,

Just an FYI. I'm waiting to hear back from Escape gear if these covers would in fact fit my 96 Montero SR (I sent them pics of my seats & they're checking them with their pattern maker). If they do mine, then you may want to know that they should also fit 94-97 SR's and possibly the earlier 92-93 SR's in addition to the 98-00 model leather seats.
:ylsmoke:
Ray

Great news!

With a little communication back and forth, and Ray's persistence, we now know that there is an answer for the Mitsubishi Montero. Ray was kind enough to send a few photos in to Escape Gear and they verified that the front seats are the same. Here are the options.

PAJERO LWB

MPA5 Pajero GLS LWB (1996 - 1998); 2 fronts with armrests.
MPA6 Pajero GLS LWB (1996 - 1998); 2 fronts with armrests, solid rear bench with 3 armrests.
MPA7 Pajero LWB (1998 - 2000); 2 fronts with armrests.
MPA8 Pajero LWB (1998 - 2000); 2 fronts with armrests, 50/50 rear bench with 2 side armrests.

The 2 Front Seat sets are $460, and the 5 Seaters sets are $860. These are a custom order, shipped directly from Escape Gear in Cape Town South Africa. There is a flat rate $80 international shipping fee as well.

Thanks for the help Ray!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
My pleasure Paul. Unfortunately I missed the call from your colleague Kristen today. When I called later at about 10:30pm this evening she actually answered! Kudos to you for having such a dedicated crew!

Equipt

FJ Cruiser Seat Covers!

The FJ Cruiser seat covers are new to the line up! The covers offer the same high quality materials and craftsmanship as the rest of the line. Notice the air bag release design in the side.

IMG_5416.JPGIMG_5417.JPGIMG_5418.JPG

There is a seat adjustment cutout, arm rest covers and a rear pocket too. Head rests are also included.

IMG_5419.JPGIMG_5420.JPGIMG_5421.JPG

These covers are priced at $460 for the front 2 seats. Now on sale at $414.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Seat Cover Specs

Cheers,

Equipt

Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Covers, US Spec

Escape Gear does not currently make a cover for the US Spec 100 Series, but we are hopeful for a change on this soon. Escape Gear does make a cover for the International Spec 100 Series, but the seats used in the US are completely different to the ones available in South Africa. The lower seat is sized a bit different, the hinge is in a different location, there are armrests, the lumbar bolstering is more robust, the back runs a bit lower. It is a different seat, trust me on this. I owned a 100 Series and wanted a set for my own vehicle. We tried several variations via my measurements and photos, but they were not of the quality that either Escape Gear or I were comfortable with. The solution was to ship a set of US spec seats to Cape Town for fitment, and it has not been economically viable to do so yet. We are working on an opportunity for measurement of a set of US spec 100 Series seats in a vehicle in Cape Town this winter. If it happens, then we will have these available by early spring. I will let everyone know about their release.

Thanks,

Equipt

That is a very good question. The 4th and 5th Gen 4Runners are not something available on the South African market. So, just like the US Spec 100 Series, short of sending them an interior it most likely won't happen specificaly for our truck. But I am not giving up just yet. We have found that the Jeep Wrangler JK covers fit the Tacoma TRD seats perfectly. I will try a set of these on the 4Runner front seats and see how they look. I will let you know how that turns out.

Thanks,

Equipt

Well...not good news.

I spent some time in the warehouse this afternoon searching for an alternative seat cover for the 4th and 5th Gen 4Runner. I started with the Wrangler JK covers, but before I opened the cool canvas duffle the covers come in I realized that they were not air bag compliant. I tried a set of the FJ Cruiser covers. Not enough lumbar space, and the covers had openings on the center console side for armrests. No dice. The 200 Series seats are bigger than the 4Runner seat. Cushier I guess. And the 80 Series covers have the same issue as the JK, not air bag compliant. So the result is that I don't have anything on this side of the planet that will come close to working. Sorry folks, it's a no go. I will keep and eye out for something that may work. Perhaps a Prado GX would have a chance. I'll check that out and see.

Cheers,

Equipt

OK then. Let me try the Wrangler JK covers on the seats to see how they look.

Cheers,

Equipt

Escape Gear Seat Cover Sale Extended!

We have decided to extend the seat cover sale through the holidays. Take a look at the covers available at the links on the first post to see what we have. Now is a great time to suggest a present from Santa. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Holiday!

Equipt

Last Call for Christmas!

Last Call for Christmas!

Don't miss out on a great Christmas gift opportunity. In stock Escape Gear seat covers 10% off. There is still time to get these under the tree. Check out the first post for coupon code and availability.

Merry Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier