Escapade Campers MT-10

boulderloon

Installed new Timbren spindles today to compensate for my non-standard wheels. The wheels are a match to my tow vehicle, Toyota 4Runner, and facilitates only having to carry 1 spare for the combination. The new spindles brought the wheel 1.5” closer to the frame and 2” more lift for fender clearance. Timbren engineers were great to work with for this project and the clearance between tire sidewall and main pivot was right on what we calculated. Left wheel needs a camber adjustment but both are perfect toe-in. The Max-Coupler hitch was dropped 2” also to keep a level towing attitude. My 4Runner will get airbags tomorrow to help with the rear sag while towing.
View attachment 721256
New stance with wheels tucked under fenders now.
View attachment 721257
Better fender clearance with new spindles.
View attachment 721258
Everything cleaned up, torque checked and lubed as long as I was there.
View attachment 721259
Sidewall to main pivot clearance with new spindles.

I realized quickly with my Backcountry that I needed rear support on my Tacoma. Went with Sumo Springs and had no issues since.

Is that a shower enclosure above the pelican case? If so what did you go with?

EDIT: Nevermind on the enclosure. Decided to re-read the thread. I need one of those.

Micmed

I am having a cabin door alignment problem. See attached pics. The door is binding near the top out side corner as if the door is sagging. You can see in the pics where it is rubbing. Is there an easy fix for this?
20220522_112210.jpg20220522_112238.jpg

Last edited:

Hueychief

I am having a cabin door alignment problem. See attached pics. The door is binding near the top out side corner as if the door is sagging. You can see in the pics where it is rubbing. Is there an easy fix for this?
Hhmmm, not sure without actually looking to see the alignment of the door-to-frame. You say "as if the door is sagging", does it look like it's out of alignment? Once again, can't give a good answer to you for that. If it was mine I would be looking at using a large rubber mallet, wood blocks and/or a pallet jack for upward pressure on the door..........depending on what I would find. Having a laser level would also be a good tool to use to check frame/door positioning if the door got tweaked somehow. Don't do anything you're not comfortable doing.

Micmed

If I lift up on the door some it will clear. I suppose jacking it would work or bending the hinges. Wasn't sure about buggering up the friction hinges. I thought I would throw it out there and see what sticks. I also sent a message to Lippert support.

Micmed

@Hueychief - After giving up the struggle to find a sideways slide for my IceCo fridge I decided to fab one for myself. This will be my first attempt at attaching anything directly to the Intelli-Core panels. With that in mind I have decided to go a similar route as your water heater install. My question is what are your thoughts about rivetnuts vs Plusnuts?

Hueychief

@Hueychief - After giving up the struggle to find a sideways slide for my IceCo fridge I decided to fab one for myself. This will be my first attempt at attaching anything directly to the Intelli-Core panels. With that in mind I have decided to go a similar route as your water heater install. My question is what are your thoughts about rivetnuts vs Plusnuts?
I've never used the Plusnuts myself, but if they provide a solid mounting then I guess it should work. Remember that I used multiple ways of attaching the Pelican which houses the water heater and it has proved SOLID. Post #13 shows the mounting.

Micmed

Fridge slider built and mounted. @Hueychief I used your method and used Plusnuts bonded and nut/washers on reverse side. Clearances are a little tight and will have to shim some to fully clear the bottom frame of the door.

Attachments

• TrayStowed.jpg
    TrayStowed.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 30
  • TrayExtended.jpg
    TrayExtended.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 30
  • FridgeStowed.jpg
    FridgeStowed.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 32
  • FridgeExtended.jpg
    FridgeExtended.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 31

susan48085

Searched thru most threads and decided to start an Escapade Campers MT-10 thread. I've purchased 1 and have done a few mods for my personal tastes and will share as I go.
Escapade owners/buyers/lurkers feel free to join in. I am not associated with the company however I live in the town where they are manufactured and know the owners, Jeff & Briana are great people. Pictured is the day I brought it home.
https://escapadecampers.com/mt-10
View attachment 675856
We have an Escapade Backcountry. I went to look up some specs on the Escapade website yesterday and the site is down. Google says the company is permanently closed and their Facebook content is not available.

Since you live near their location and know of them, wanted to ask if you know what happened?

Usually if a company is sold there is a transition notification and websites redirect. Jeff was at an expo recently, so this seems very abrupt.

Hueychief

We have an Escapade Backcountry. I went to look up some specs on the Escapade website yesterday and the site is down. Google says the company is permanently closed and their Facebook content is not available.

Since you live near their location and know of them, wanted to ask if you know what happened?

Usually if a company is sold there is a transition notification and websites redirect. Jeff was at an expo recently, so this seems very abrupt.
All,
I know it was a decision not taken lightly by Jeff & Briana, but the best for their personal/family situation at the moment. Here is a post from another member where you can download all the specs.

From Mark Johnson:
I started thinking that if people haven’t already grabbed some of the marketing details from thr escapade camper website, there is still opportunity to do so with the way back machine.
Thinking dimensions, capacities, parts….or even just to look for reference.
https://web.archive.org/...//escapadecampers.com/mt-10
You can put in their website, select a date and pull details you might have wished you had.
Maybe helpful…maybe not
??‍♂️

boulderloon

All,
I know it was a decision not taken lightly by Jeff & Briana, but the best for their personal/family situation at the moment. Here is a post from another member where you can download all the specs.

From Mark Johnson:
I started thinking that if people haven’t already grabbed some of the marketing details from thr escapade camper website, there is still opportunity to do so with the way back machine.
Thinking dimensions, capacities, parts….or even just to look for reference.
https://web.archive.org/...//escapadecampers.com/mt-10
You can put in their website, select a date and pull details you might have wished you had.
Maybe helpful…maybe not
??‍♂️

Wow yeah I came straight to this thread once I saw that Escapade had fallen off the face of the virtual earth all sudden like. That's a shame my Backcountry has been a rock of a camper (with the exception of the screen doors but you can't have it all).

I did notice that the MT10 is still basically in production under another name from Escapade's former partner.

I wish Jeff and Briana all the best with whatever is happening. Times have certainly turned tougher and I suspect many bootstrapped camper makers will follow the same path.

mlochowitz

I just picked mine up in March, emailed them a few times since then but no response. Kind of a bummer since we live close and warranty was one of the factors in going with them. That said, no issues yet and it is a great camper. The only thing I'm struggling with his getting the bolts on the axle tightened up to spec.

boulderloon

I just picked mine up in March, emailed them a few times since then but no response. Kind of a bummer since we live close and warranty was one of the factors in going with them. That said, no issues yet and it is a great camper. The only thing I'm struggling with his getting the bolts on the axle tightened up to spec.

FWIW I went over a year on the Timbren before getting the torque checked and it was fine so it's not going to fall apart on you anytime soon. I feel like Timbren puts that on there as a disclaimer in case you do some crazy off-roading and tear up your suspension. My Backcountry sticks to fire roads and campgrounds and everything was ok.

In the end, I bought a big fiberglass box with off-road wheels for a great price and have no complaints. It sucks they went AWOL and a shame they took a sledgehammer to their reputation by vanishing like that, but hopefully they are all ok and nothing terrible has happened. They made a great affordable product for those of us who couldn't afford a 35-40K Mean Bean or Off-Grid Trailer. No regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz