ER rumour

Momrocks

Adventurer
Not surprised if they are...ER are overpriced IMO
Compared to who?

And so it begins…

The ER apologists line up to defend unit pricing by citing craftsmanship and high end materials and the ER bashers cite questionable practicality of a rig costing deep in the six figure range that offers limited (relative term) capability. We have seen Earth Roamer threads spin off like this several times. Meer mention of the company name seems to trigger polarized reaction. A great example is the thread by an ExPo member recounting arrogance encountered by an ER owner in Bozeman MT. Nobody knew this guy but we all had an opinion ranging from “he was having a bad day” to “elitist jerk”. Let’s just get back to the subject of Earth Roamer’s solvency. I am far more interested to find out if the company survives or if economic Darwinism thins the herd than I am about rehashing everyone’s ER opinion.

Damn! I just twisted my ankle stepping down off this soapbox.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I certainly hope this isn't true. I would think that ER's customers are better off than most of us, and haven't been greatly affected by the slow economy.

ExpoMike

Well that would suck. I really liked the JK version, even though I would never be able to afford one. So many cool ideas built in.

Glad Scott got his when he did.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
If all the ER haters are correct, ER makes crazy amounts of profit on every rig. Then they should be in business forever, right?

haven

Expedition Leader
I hope this is not true! But I can see how a business that has a small sales volume could get into a cash crunch very quickly. If the business had to close, let's hope they can reorganize and start over.

Hey, maybe the story about Ford taking back the unbuilt chassis is being misinterpreted. Perhaps Bill Swails is switching to another chassis manufacturer.

Chip Haven

Bighead

Adventurer
And so it begins…

The ER apologists line up to defend unit pricing by citing craftsmanship and high end materials and the ER bashers cite questionable practicality of a rig costing deep in the six figure range that offers limited (relative term) capability. We have seen Earth Roamer threads spin off like this several times. Meer mention of the company name seems to trigger polarized reaction. A great example is the thread by an ExPo member recounting arrogance encountered by an ER owner in Bozeman MT. Nobody knew this guy but we all had an opinion ranging from “he was having a bad day” to “elitist jerk”. Let's just get back to the subject of Earth Roamer's solvency. I am far more interested to find out if the company survives or if economic Darwinism thins the herd than I am about rehashing everyone's ER opinion.

Damn! I just twisted my ankle stepping down off this soapbox.

Are you kidding me? My post ask "compared to who"...as in "who else makes the kind of product ER does"...or "who else might have pushed ER out this market". In other words "what might have driven ER out of business". I know exactly zero about Earth Roamer, their product or their competitors...that is why I asked. I could care less if anyone thinks a particular product is overpriced or not. They either buy it or they don't.

Gawd...I hate it when someone decides to put words in my mouth.

Last edited:

David_in_TX

Adventurer
From what I understand, it is the wealthy that is affected most by the current economic crisis. Just think, those that have all of their wealth tied up in investments are hit the hardest, those with just bank accounts are largely unaffected by the investment markets. Until they lose their jobs...

I certainly hope this isn't true. I would think that ER's customers are better off than most of us, and haven't been greatly affected by the slow economy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior