Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Quick install of a National Luna 9-LED Clear Lens light

National Luna's 9-LED Clear Lens features

- 62 lumens dim
- 176 lumens bright
- 2.2 watts at max power
- size 8"x1-1/8"x5/8"

I saw this light on display on Equipt's Adventure Trailer Chaser over the SoCal Mountain Rendezvous weekend and was impressed by its light output and color. So when my friend Jerry happened to win one in the raffle I took a chance and managed to procure it from him knowing that I could put it to good use. So with that, here are the pictures and the simple install. This is a fantastic addition to the Jeep and well worth the price. I will be adding another one to my trailer.

The light is simply adhered by 3M double sided adhesive.

Using bulb seal(automotive weather stripping with a hole in the center) I route the wires to the side and down the window.

I then fished the wires into the top existing hole and down to a new hole at the bottom. I installed a grommet for good measure on the bottom. The wires are then taped into the factory 12 volt outlet at the rear of the Jeep.

The light has a small toggle switch - off, dim and bright.

Here is the Jeep with just the stock interior lights on.

And here it is on the bright setting. Perfect!

Since I am a big fan on Paul at Equipt here is a link to the light.
http://www.equipt1.com/companies/LE...ional-luna-led/1531686-9-led-hard-mount-clear

Enjoy!

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
How much shadow does your head cause on the table at night? Maybe mounting it a bit off center towards the table would reduce it... just an idea...

Really nice use of the bulb weatherstripping for routing the wires - slick!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Right on, I'm rocking the amber version of this light in my 100 Series in a very similar fashion. Very solid light option and the mounting options offer a really clean setup.

Gear

How much shadow does your head cause on the table at night? Maybe mounting it a bit off center towards the table would reduce it... just an idea...

Good questions -- I played with offsetting the light directly over the table, but I also wanted the light to shine into the Engel fridge. In the photograph above the tailgate is not open all the way. It actually goes past 90 degrees so if you stand closer to the outside corner of the table the light hits it fine. This also seems like the logical place to stand while preparing/working on the table. I'll take another photograph later to illustrate.

Gear

Right on, I'm rocking the amber version of this light in my 100 Series in a very similar fashion. Very solid light option and the mounting options offer a really clean setup.

I'll be picking up an amber lens when I order a second light for the trailer.

Gear

Here is a photograph with the tailgate all the way open. No head shadows unless you are right up against the bumper.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Out Exploring this past weekend. The light worked fantastic.

That campsite pic looks amazing - brings back so many memories of living out of the back of my TJ just like that.
I would have killed for a lighting setup like this, now you've inspired me for the future!

-Dan

Gear

That campsite pic looks amazing - brings back so many memories of living out of the back of my TJ just like that.
I would have killed for a lighting setup like this, now you've inspired me for the future!

-Dan

Thanks Dan, I hope you are enjoying your time out there! I have spent several hours enjoying your blog.

Sleeping comfortable inside the Jeep with everything I brought minus the chair I left outside that night. It's all packed nicely in behind the Engel.

I must admit that I am having a blast with less and I am enjoying my time out more with the selected articles that I bring. Now go out and play and bring your camera!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles