Equipt Expedition Outfitters Megathread

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
Hi there ExPo members, Morgan and/or Paul @ Equipt Expedition Outfitters here. Morgan will be running point on this thread but Paul will make occasional appearances as well.

We wanted to start a thread here on ExPo that will act as a hub for customer interaction, product introductions, troubleshooting, installation tech, business updates, etc.

For those unfamiliar with us, we're the North American dealer/distributors for Eezi-Awn, Alubox, National Luna, Escape Gear seat covers and Kariba Hot Water Systems. We're located in Salt Lake City, UT and we're the local dealer for companies such as AT Overland, Four Wheel Campers, Overland Solar as well as Goose Gear. We offer local installations or shipping throughout North America (policies vary).

Please visit our website to learn more about what we offer. Click Here!

We would love to see how you're using the products we carry as well! Send those photos along on social media or post here, let us know what you're working on!

Stop by, say hello, ask away, we'll do our best to keep this page active and updated.

If you would like to contact us directly, please reach out via any channel below:

Instagram- @equipt1
Facebook- Equipt Expedition Outfitters
Email: sales@equipt1.com
Phone: 866-703-6796
Web- Equipt1.com

You all stay healthy, stay positive, let us know if we can help out in any way.

Best Regards,

Equipt Expedition Outfitters

#BuiltBetter

Winter Shoot 00013-Edit Resized.jpg

Last edited:

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
First update: How we're adapting to the COVID-19 virus.

Please see below for a couple of our statements and the changes we've made. Reach out with any questions or concerns.

-Morgan Griffith

"KEEP CALM & WASH YOUR HANDS
As is everyone in our community, we are very concerned and want to be as diligent as possible to keep us all as safe as we can. In response to concerns about the COVID-19 virus pandemic, and to protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, we are limiting our exposure by making a few changes.

Our goal is to balance the needs of our business, the safety of our employees, and the stand of excellence for our clients while fulfilling our responsibilities to the greater good of society.

Our employees will still be available by phone and email to provide product assistance and estimates, take deposits, schedule appointments, and sell our incredible line of products. Our staff is still busily fulfilling orders for shipment and pick up, and installing campers, racks and more. Please read the details below.

We will keep you updated in the event of any changes in the operations during this fluid situation. In the meantime, keep calm and wash your hands frequently.

Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times.

Cheers!"

STILL HERE FOR YOU
STILL BOOKING APPOINTMENTS
In an effort to slow the spread, we will be closing our showroom to walk-in customers and meeting clients by appointment-only. If you are coming in to see us, please call us at 866-703-1026 or email sales@equipt1.com. We are also happy to coordinate a virtual tour or demonstration to the best of our ability.

STILL SHIPPING YOUR ORDERS
Our warehouse is open and we're doing our best to keep orders moving out as quickly as possible. For safety, thanks for your patience as we will be a little slower on processing returns. Thank you very much for continuing to support our small business. We know that you are likely also feeling the hardship of this unfortunate crisis.

STILL DOING INSTALLS
Our installation shop is still open for pre-scheduled clients. Every vehicle coming in for a scheduled installation will have frequently contacted surfaces wiped down with disinfectant before and after installation. We respectfully ask that you convey to any of your clients using us as their shop to leave their vehicle off with us until the work is completed. Our lobby will not be available as a waiting room while installation is completed. We ask that you also coordinate a ride to and from our shop on your own terms for delivery and pickup.​

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
Update: National Luna Fridge Inventory and DC-DC Charging Systems

Hello again, we've received a lot of questions about our next shipment of National Luna fridges and I wanted to provide a quick update here.

NL had a fire at their manufacturing facility that disrupted the North American supply of fridges in late November. This resulted in a limited February shipment of 50L and 60L Dual Control Legacy units and we've since sold out.

Our next container is looking like a tentative arrival timeframe of mid-July. We were hoping to have this shipment land before EXPO West but it has since been delayed. Give the circumstances surrounding the corona virus situation, this timeline is fluid and may change at a moment's notice.

If you have any questions regarding the NL line of fridges, please reach out. We can preorder fridges to allocate inventory to customer orders but please be aware that we're still a few months out.

As far as the National Luna DC-DC charging systems go, we currently have 25amp models in stock and ready to ship. The 40amp units and the DC25 Power Pack will be arriving in July. We will also be bringing in an assortment of their new 29mm connectors on the next container.

National-Luna-DC-to-DC-Charger-02.jpg

National-Luna-NL-40A-DC-DC-Isolator-01.jpg

NL-DC25-Power-Pack-01.jpg

For more details on these new systems, please visit the following page on our site, CLICK HERE!, or contact us directly.

Also, THIS page on the National Luna blog has a thorough breakdown on the differences between their various charging systems and why you should choose one over the other for your specific application.

We appreciate your support and your patience.

Stay well,

Morgan Griffith
Customer Experience Lead
#BuiltBetter

ITTOG

Thanks for the post on the charging system. I haven't seen those before and will have to check them out. Thanks for being here and supporting the forums as well.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Thanks for starting this up Morgan.

We will have all sorts of great equipment to share with you. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
For anyone who is wondering about customer service and Equipt as a company I have to say that Paul is as OG in the USA Overland world as it gets.
I remember sitting around campfires in 2007 with the ENTIRE overland US industry and Paul was right there (he was the 1st bringing in tents & fridges).
I have done biz with Paul ever since then and have never had anything but the best experiences.
I just sold a NL fridge that has been going strong 24/7 since around 2010 and the new owner will get many many more years out of it.
I have one of the Alubox aluminum cases for my awning walls and as a step for my Van side entry, killer setup that I should be able to pass on to grandkids.

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
I’d love to see more about the new chairs that are coming.
View attachment 579941

@Beowulf Not a whole lot of information as it stands, we have not yet received these chairs ourselves. With that being said, I have 10 chairs on our next order, which has been delayed due to the Corona situation. Our best guess for an arrival date is late July/end of summer.

We worked on pricing this morning, and these will be priced at $150 per chair. This is on the lower end of similar chairs and we believe the aluminum chair construction will be a reflection of the Eezi-Awn quality and long term durability.

Here are a few additional photos:

Fold A Chair 2.JPG

Fold A Chair 3.JPG

Fold A Chair 4.JPG

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Please reach out with anything else I can help with!

Morgan Griffith
Customer Experience Lead
#BuiltBetter

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
For anyone who is wondering about customer service and Equipt as a company I have to say that Paul is as OG in the USA Overland world as it gets.
I remember sitting around campfires in 2007 with the ENTIRE overland US industry and Paul was right there (he was the 1st bringing in tents & fridges).
I have done biz with Paul ever since then and have never had anything but the best experiences.
I just sold a NL fridge that has been going strong 24/7 since around 2010 and the new owner will get many many more years out of it.
I have one of the Alubox aluminum cases for my awning walls and as a step for my Van side entry, killer setup that I should be able to pass on to grandkids.

Thanks Lance, we really appreciate the kind words. Looking forward to getting back to crossing paths with you at events as soon as possible, stay well!

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
Update: Eezi-Awn K9 Rack Retrofit/Refurbishment Deal

SNAG A 20% OFF DEAL ON K9 ALUBOX MOUNTS
The Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack AluBox Mount is one of our most popular items, designed to create a secure way to mount your AluBox to your K9 Roof Rack System and save precious room inside your vehicle. Due to concerns over fitment of AluBoxes in these mounts, we pulled these from availability several months ago. We have since developed a solution to offer these mounts again, but we had to modify a few things to do so:

1. Replaced button head cap screw that holds the latch to a flat head for better clearance.
2. Added rivets to each end of the latch mechanism to ensure it stays put.
3. Opened up the rear C channel so the case base recesses in the back completely
4. Ground the taper on the latch mechanism to a steeper angle so the case fits a bit better.

If more needs to be done to fit your case, it is up to you to modify the mount. Our suggestion is that you can grind a bit more taper off the latch mechanism. Please note that these are non-returnable. All sales are as is and final.

These will be live on site momentarily and, if you prefer, you can call to place the order over the phone. Please reach out with any questions.

Keep calm and wash those hands,

Morgan Griffith
Customer Experience Lead
#BuiltBetter

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
If you haven't seen the ExPo front page in the last couple days, we have big news!

PRESS RELEASE :: ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE
Weekly Discounts Now through May on Equipt’s Most Popular Products

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Thursday, 4/23/2020 – Equipt Expedition Outfitters, the industry leader in high-quality, vehicle expedition equipment, and the exclusive U.S. distributor of Eezi-Awn, National Luna, AluBox, and Kariba, is releasing an unprecedented series of discounts throughout the month of May. Due to these crazy times and the effect that everyone is feeling as a result of this economic downturn, Equipt is planning on doing something about it in their own little way with the intention to help everyone in the end.

On any normal day, if you ask Equipt for a discount, their response is the same to everyone: they believe that their products are offered at a reasonable price every day to everyone. They typically don’t offer discounts to certain groups or at certain times because that would imply they are overcharging everyone else the rest of the time. And they don’t see that being fair.

But this month they are breaking their tradition.

Starting this coming Monday, 4/27, through the end of May, Equipt Expedition Outfitters will be offering weekly discounts on their most popular products in hopes of stimulating people’s dreams of adventure and simultaneously helping the Equipt team stay here for the long haul.

Keep calm and wash those hands.

ECONOMIC STIMULUS PACKAGE SCHEDULE

Launch DateEnd DatePromotionPromo Code
Week OneMonday, 4/27, at Noon MSTSunday, 5/3, at Midnight MST10% off All AluBox Aluminum Cases & All Kariba ProductsSTIMULUS001
Week
Two
To be announced
Week
Three
To be announced
Week
Four
To be announced
Week
Five
To be announced

2.png

1.png

Morgan Griffith
Customer Experience Lead
#BuiltBetter

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
It looks like your promo is doing great. Any idea when you will have more stock of the 67L All-Box and the Organizer? At least the Goose Gear top is in stock.

Discount or not, I just need to buy this setup.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Another question on the Alu-boxes: Can anyone give a hard number on how much height the Goose Gear top plate adds to the overall? I have a hard limit to fit boxes under my rear bunk boards, and even 1/4" too tall makes it a no-go solution. Unfortunately the ABA60 is very close to the limit as-is, and the ABA42 is too big a step down in volume.

EquiptExpOutfitters

Supporting Sponsor
It looks like your promo is doing great. Any idea when you will have more stock of the 67L All-Box and the Organizer? At least the Goose Gear top is in stock.

Discount or not, I just need to buy this setup.

@Beowulf

We have a container scheduled to leave Denmark in about a month. There will be more 67s (and the rest of the sold out sizes) on that shipment. With all that is going on in the world these days, we can't really commit to a specific time frame but we're probably looking at a few months, around end of summer.

We can preorder the out of stock sizes ahead of time but we cannot apply the current promotion. The Stimulus Sale pertains to instock inventory only so preordered units will be full price plus shipping. Flat rate shipping costs on the 67L is $40.00.

You'll have to give us a call to preorder, 866-703-1026, ext. 1

Thanks!

Morgan Griffith
Customer Experience Lead
#BuiltBetter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94