EPA Diesel Engine “Delete Tuning” Crackdown...Is It Here Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my trucks mostly for work, but also for play. I have both diesel and gas ¾ and 1-tons. I drive a lot of steep mountain roads empty, hauling, and towing. The big gas engines definitely struggle on the really steep roads when hauling and/or towing; there's no doubt. They get the job done, but there are times when the lack of power is actually a safety issue. The diesels do the hauling and towing work much, much better. There truly is no comparison. The biggest difference is warm up time. For quick trips and light loads, the gas is the clear winner. For longer hauls/tows, diesel is tough to beat. I love the newer emissions stuff; the exhaust out of my '18 Duramax is very clean compared to many vehicles I've owned. DEF is easy to deal with and not very expensive. And with the newer engines and computer controls, cold starts are easy and fast.

For "camping/overlanding" it truly doesn't seem like it would make much difference until you get into a heavy rig and/or trailer. At that point, diesel is still a good choice, in my opinion.

ttengineer

Adventurer
You can run higher sulfur diesel fuel found in Mexico and South America in a deleted truck though. For those that travel internationally and have a diesel, deleting becomes a huge benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
Or just run on petrol.

And get half as good fuel milage.

That adds up, even if Diesel is slightly more expensive. Not to mention the ability to drive right on through sketchy areas and refuel at your own pace vs having to refuel every few hours in a gas truck.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Please explain. Thanks.

Maybe reading this will help:

Gun-toting members of the Boogaloo movement are showing up at protests
By Robert Kuznia, Drew Griffin and Curt Devine, CNN

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
You can run higher sulfur diesel fuel found in Mexico and South America in a deleted truck though. For those that travel internationally and have a diesel, deleting becomes a huge benefit.

Mexico forbid privately owned diesels when I used to go down. it was limited to commercial use. That has changed as of 10-15 years ago. I don't suspect you'd see a heck of a lot of LT diesels in Mexico,Central America or South America. I may be wrong. ULSD in Mexico is supplied by the US in an agreement penned by George Bush as Pemex lacks the refinery capability. South of Guerrero Negro it's LSD barged from the mainland. A deleted truck would be necessary.

Darwin

Explorer
The movement consists of anti-government and anti-law enforcement groups, as well as white supremacist groups who specifically believe the unrest will be a race war.[3][1][7] Groups in the boogaloo movement primarily organize online (particularly on Facebook), but have appeared at in-person events including the 2020 United States anti-lockdown protests and the May 2020 George Floyd protests, often identified by their attire of Hawaiian shirts and military fatigues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booga...movement, members of,they call the "boogaloo".

ttengineer

Adventurer
The movement consists of anti-government and anti-law enforcement groups, as well as white supremacist groups who specifically believe the unrest will be a race war.[3][1][7] Groups in the boogaloo movement primarily organize online (particularly on Facebook), but have appeared at in-person events including the 2020 United States anti-lockdown protests and the May 2020 George Floyd protests, often identified by their attire of Hawaiian shirts and military fatigues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booga...movement, members of,they call the "boogaloo".

Yea, Wikipedia is not a legitimate reference source. Any moron with an Internet connection can get on the site and write whatever they want.

D

Deleted member 9101

No.

Did you just advocate service members harming American citizens?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You said "if king Cheeto deploys the US Military to control the American people ... it’s on." What exactly does "it's on" mean? I'm pretty sure you weren't referring to hugs and snacks. So, man up, and be honest.

Also, my oath was to protect my nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. As soon as you start to use violence to persue political gain, you become a domestic terrorist.

Title 18 USC:

Last edited by a moderator:

ttengineer

Adventurer
You said "if king Cheeto deploys the US Military to control the American people ... it’s on." What exactly does "it's on" mean? I'm pretty sure you weren't referring to hugs and snacks. So, man up, and be honest.

Also, my oath was to protect my nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. As soon as you start to use violence to persue political gain, you become a domestic terrorist.

Title 18 USC:

My original post got deleted by the mods so I’ll write it again.

No. I do not advocate violence against service members, let alone ANY individual. Its vitally import that we as Americans protect our rights (which means I can do what ever I want, when ever I want to do it so long as I am not impeding on the rights or property of others).

But if those rights are being impeded by threat of violence or violence themselves, in this instance by king Cheeto (for not just political gain), some LEOs, and some Military, then it is my duty as a free American to meet those threats of violence with greater violence to protect my and your rights.

The whole idea of the “boogaloo” came about after King Cheeto demanded and supported red flag laws and bump stock bans. Both of which are in infringement of rights.

Let me be clear, looting is an impediment on someone’s rights, and should not be tolerated. But to continually use force on peaceful protesters or to even threaten protesters, which king Cheeto has done and will continue to do, is a violation of the constitution. He should be tared, featherd, and hung for treason along with countless other politicians if found guilty of such crimes after a fair and expedient trial.

How’s that for manning up boomer?

Mike W.

My original post got deleted by the mods so I’ll write it again.

No. I do not advocate violence against service members, let alone ANY individual. Its vitally import that we as Americans protect our rights (which means I can do what ever I want, when ever I want to do it so long as I am not impeding on the rights or property of others).

But if those rights are being impeded by threat of violence or violence themselves, in this instance by king Cheeto (for not just political gain), some LEOs, and some Military, then it is my duty as a free American to meet those threats of violence with greater violence to protect my and your rights.

The whole idea of the “boogaloo” came about after King Cheeto demanded and supported red flag laws and bump stock bans. Both of which are in infringement of rights.

Let me be clear, looting is an impediment on someone’s rights, and should not be tolerated. But to continually use force on peaceful protesters or to even threaten protesters, which king Cheeto has done and will continue to do, is a violation of the constitution. He should be tared, featherd, and hung for treason along with countless other politicians if found guilty of such crimes after a fair and expedient trial.

How’s that for manning up boomer?

The peaceful protesters who are looting communities or the peaceful protesters who are shooting and stabbing police officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles