Engle 45 12 volt cable end standard/type

Deshet

Adventurer
Does anyone know if the 12-volt power cord used on Engle is a specific cable type? I want to order some ends and direct wire my units. I am hoping to find an online source to order what I need. I don't want to wait for shipping from Australia or pay for a cable that I could easily make and add I don't want to buy a bunch of extensions to get the length that I need.

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks

ebrabaek

Adventurer
You can order from Engel USA. They are in Florida.
Took 3 days from there to Colorado. That's what I did.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I believe the plug is not something that's easily sourced stand-alone. I've looked at the IEC charts and didn't see a standard one, so it may be something Engel/Sawafuji have made proprietary.

You can cut the end off your cable or I ended up buying the Engel hard-wire cable so I could keep the one with a cigarette plug for using in other vehicles.

https://www.engelcoolers.com/dc-cord-hard-wire.html

dc_cord___hard.jpg

alia176

Explorer
I believe the power cord is a standard PC (personal computer) cord that comes with computers but one end of it has been converted for 12vdc use.

emulous74

In my trailer I decided to go with the Engel DC POSI FIT. This allowed me to hard wire it into my trailer, but also gives me the easy flexibility to take it out the trailer and use it in a different vehicle, as I keep the "top" of the 12v connector in the pocket in the insulating cover for the Engel.

engel_dc_posi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94