Engel MT60 and Tembo Tusk slide

cstamm81

Adventurer
I just took receipt of a new Engel MT60 and an accompanying Tembo Tusk jumbo flat slide.
I was told the Engel would fit, and it does, minus the electrical connections. The fridge has 90 degree female cords 12v and 110v) that plug into the right front corner of the fridge. The thickness of the 90 degree plugs won’t clear the inside of the slide, so the fridge can’t actually sit inside the slide.

I can’t space the fridge up on the slide, as it barely clears my Diamondback aluminum tonneau cover as it is. I’d hate to cut a hole in the new Engel and rig up a new connection point. Looking around for lower profile plugs has not yielded any solutions. It’s possible I could use some straight or 90 degree male spade connectors and make individual connections to the fridge male plug.

Leaving for a big trip in a week and I need to come up with a safe solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I can get pics tomorrow if it helps.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just took receipt of a new Engel MT60 and an accompanying Tembo Tusk jumbo flat slide.
I was told the Engel would fit, and it does, minus the electrical connections. The fridge has 90 degree female cords 12v and 110v) that plug into the right front corner of the fridge. The thickness of the 90 degree plugs won’t clear the inside of the slide, so the fridge can’t actually sit inside the slide.

I can’t space the fridge up on the slide, as it barely clears my Diamondback aluminum tonneau cover as it is. I’d hate to cut a hole in the new Engel and rig up a new connection point. Looking around for lower profile plugs has not yielded any solutions. It’s possible I could use some straight or 90 degree male spade connectors and make individual connections to the fridge male plug.

Leaving for a big trip in a week and I need to come up with a safe solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! I can get pics tomorrow if it helps.
Buy a straight Plug Dometic Lead and that should do the trick, I fitted a 90* ARB Lead to my small Dometic fridge,

Can you show us a picture of the Engel 90* Plug End On so we can see the holes where the pins Go, ??

cstamm81

Adventurer
I can’t put a notch in the slide, as the inner lip sits very close to the sliding rail mechanism. So, nothing would be gained by notching it. I wound up putting 2 - 2x8’s under the fridge, raising it an inch and a half. This allows the plug to ride inside a channel built in the slide. I’d have to take pice for it to make sense. I’ll adhere the cord to the side of the fridge and be careful when extending and retracting it. It’s not an elegant solution, but it will have to do for this trip. This is the style DC plug (not the Anderson) the Engel has, for those who were curious. https://absolute-wits-end.com/anderson-sb50-dc-power-cable-for-arb-engel-3-pin/#gallery-2

cstamm81

Adventurer
No I just checked, the Dometic lead won't fit,

You need to send the slide back, It's not going to work with your vehicle and cover set up.
I've got it in the truck now on 2 by 8's to space it up. It should be fine for this trip, and I'm looking to replace the cover with an RSI cap later this year. Thanks for looking into the Dometic plug for me.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I've got it in the truck now on 2 by 8's to space it up. It should be fine for this trip, and I'm looking to replace the cover with an RSI cap later this year. Thanks for looking into the Dometic plug for me.
Your welcome, It's a pitty the lead does not match,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles