Engel MT35F Freezing when on low

Gren_T

Adventurer
Hi All,
does anyone here have experience with Engle fridges?
I have an MT35F fridge that has started freezing everything even when set to low/ref.
A quick check revealed it does not have a thermostat and the temperature control seems to be via the PSU can anyone confirm this or suggest a fix.

cheers.
Gren

SBSYNCRO

Just went through this with my Dometic.

The fridge has to use some sort of sensor to determine the temp inside the box. That sensor tells the control board the temp so that the control board can look at your desired temp and tell the compressor whether to cycle or not.

That sensor is likely giving faulty information, thus the compressor is working harder to try to cool it, thinking it is warmer than it actually is.

Classic symptom of thermistor problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelbad

My 5 year old Indel tb41 is going through this too. It is freezing everything no matter the temp setting. Called truckfridge and talked to a support person who said thermistor was bad.
I just ordered a new one off their website for $16. It should be a 5 min repair.

SBSYNCRO

Thanks all, I'll pull the thermistor and try it(y)

Just make sure you test temps after you replace the thermistor. Thermistors are relatively generic, but can have different levels of sensitivity. The replacement unit I managed to find is actually 7º off. In other words, the Dometic control board displays a temp that is 7º higher than the temp in the fridge. I verified this by setting it at a 32º, 36º, 40º, and 44º with a cup of water overnight (sitting on a chunk of 2x4) and tested the temp in the morning with a known accurate thermometer. I found a consistent 7º discrepancy between the panel display and the actual temp. So now I just have to keep the fridge set to 7º higher than I want it to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier