Ends of the Earth Expedition: Central America

Scott Brady

Founder
Punta Mariato - Well worth the effort

KTM_640_Pta_Mariato_end2.jpg

sirwillm

Scott,
Nice Rigs. I had the opportunity to see them up close here in Manzanillo. I couldn't believe it when I looked out on the yard this morning and saw them all sitting there.

3408807972_f99d5b1649_b.jpg

3407999749_66de17aa06_b.jpg

3407987361_5c9bba819b_b.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Scott,
Nice Rigs. I had the opportunity to see them up close here in Manzanillo. I couldn't believe it when I looked out on the yard this morning and saw them all sitting there.

Awesome! :D

Thanks for checking in on them. They get loaded on the ship today (hopefully). If it wouldn't be too much trouble, if you could let me know that they get on the ship ok, that would make a "nervous dad" very happy.

Scott

wagner_joe

Adventurer

Thanks for checking in on them. They get loaded on the ship today (hopefully). If it wouldn't be too much trouble, if you could let me know that they get on the ship ok, that would make a "nervous dad" very happy.

Scott

It's late. But the "nervous dad" comment got to me... You're supposed to be like this Pic..

Attachments

• 454px-Mad30.jpg
    454px-Mad30.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 174

sirwillm

Scott

I They are still on the tarmac as of right now, but I will keep an eye out and let you know when they get loaded out.

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
What is cooler than seeing those trucks on the Tarmac... Thanks for those shots.

Scott, im ready to hang myself here at work, i so should have went with you..!

PTY

Colombia? Why?

Trail Monkey, Hows it going? Man i really enjoyed driving your truck, the suspension is just AWESOME!

I'm heading out in a couple of days with some land cruisers (ambulances) to the San Blas area to explore some areas and find a path that can take us to the Darien through out the Caribbean coast, in the next couple of days we need to get the permits with the Kuna Indians.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Saludos from Panama.

GabrielNation

Perhaps not to Colombia. I just assumed that is where they were going from the blogs and trip status.
Never-the-less, all the trucks got on the boat and have left Panama for their next destination.

haven

Expedition Leader
Here are the routes that the Wallenius transport ships, including the MV Tortugas, take

wallenius-routes.jpg

If the vehicles were put on the southbound ship, their next stop would be Colombia! I think it's more likely that they're on the shuttle that travels between Manzanillo and Galveston.

Why a regular shuttle between these ports? It's because Manzanillo is part of the Panama Free Trade Zone. Goods from all over the world are off-loaded in Panama, and shipped to buyers in USA.

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Chip's got it right. Our trucks are headed for Galveston, due on Wednesday..

Pete- thx again for taking my Taco to the port for me, that was very helpful. Have a blast with those Abulance's - got to get me one of those some day..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94