Encore RV ROG

jaxyaks

Adventurer
These are relatively new, but does anyone have one or any experience with one? I took a look at one a couple of weeks ago and it checks off a bunch of boxes for me, no wood construction has my attention but there is not a ton of info on it out there so I thought I would ask if anyone here may have an opinion. I like that it has AC propane furnace and a 38 gallon water tank insulated. I just wish there were a few more real world reviews.

57369BB0-5D3B-416E-B7E8-E67D09C2B9C1.jpegD7861686-1FF6-4F94-9CD7-28E0C4D010C7_4_5005_c.jpeg156F87D2-2089-48E3-998E-BDA2BC10466A_1_102_o.jpeg

Last edited:

jaxyaks

Adventurer
What are there terms for down payment? Do you live near them? Are they factory direct.
I'm not sure about down payment, they are sold thru RV dealerships and one in my area carry's them so I would imagine its just like any other RV. The same dealership is a Lance, Bigfoot, Airstream, Cirrus dealer and I saw it when I was taking a look at some Lance Truck Campers.

When I first saw it I liked the concept, as I do most small campers, but usually don't look too close at them because of the lack of a bathroom etc. I was able to find a video that goes over the construction of this one and that had me intrigued. Especially the no wood and Aluminum cabinets as part of the strength of the structure.

This is one of the only video' I have found on it.

One of my requirements for maximum use of a camper is a rack to carry kayaks, most of my camping trips are to the Florida Keys to fish for multiple days/weeks and the ability to camp saves me a ton of money to maximize my time on the water. The past couple of years, an AC has become more and more desirable as a hammock and fan sometimes is not enough, and I have to skip the heat of the summer. This rack system seem really nice, with the rails above the AC the carrying capacity is nice.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Okay looks like they have dealers all over. Yes for 20k this looks awesome. With ac and microwave you will probably have to roll with a generator. It does not look like it is setup for lithium batteries. I do not believe he mentioned any solar pre-wiring. With 13 inches of ground clearance and solid axel I would not call it off road. Love aluminum chassis if they use the right alloy and size. I wonder if it's okay to have a rooftop tent over that ac unit? If you trust your dealer to take care of you and they are in stock throw down my man.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
Okay looks like they have dealers all over. Yes for 20k this looks awesome. With ac and microwave you will probably have to roll with a generator. It does not look like it is setup for lithium batteries. I do not believe he mentioned any solar pre-wiring. With 13 inches of ground clearance and solid axel I would not call it off road. Love aluminum chassis if they use the right alloy and size. I wonder if it's okay to have a rooftop tent over that ac unit? If you trust your dealer to take care of you and they are in stock throw down my man.
The battery compartment in the front is optimized for 2 AGM's and I do believe it is prewired for external solar, I think its up near the propane grill connection but I would have to check again. I would imagine that using the AC when the Roof top tent is up there would be a no go, but I believe I heard or read that the tent does clear the AC. Yeah there are 3 of them in stock at the one dealer I stopped at. I am giving it some serious consideration for sure.

The list on it will all options is like 28K they are listed "on sale" at the dealer for 23...so I figure If I decide to get it 20K is doable even in this market, the RV lots are flooded again and sales are abundant on all but the most in demand, low production models.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
I meant to say knarly off road use. I am sure it is find for dirt roads and light off road use. Yes it is wired for solar. It seems like it has minimal cage structure so to speak but maybe that's how most tear drops are made. Is thier another brand that your looking at along with this one
Not really, I wasn't really in the market for a teardrop at all until I bumped into this one. I don't really need gnarly off road, forest service roads or unimproved roads on public land is fine for my use. I'm still kinda thinking about it, it might fill the gap for a while until something else comes along. I kinda want to wait until they get some miles on them and see how they are holding up.

MrOffshore

Observer
The battery compartment in the front is optimized for 2 AGM's and I do believe it is prewired for external solar, I think its up near the propane grill connection but I would have to check again. I would imagine that using the AC when the Roof top tent is up there would be a no go, but I believe I heard or read that the tent does clear the AC. Yeah there are 3 of them in stock at the one dealer I stopped at. I am giving it some serious consideration for sure.

The list on it will all options is like 28K they are listed "on sale" at the dealer for 23...so I figure If I decide to get it 20K is doable even in this market, the RV lots are flooded again and sales are abundant on all but the most in demand, low production models.
Believe it or not you can actually fit 3-4 group 29 batteries in the battery compartment. The trailer is setup for Lithium batteries, it utilizes a Progressive Dynamics converter that has a micro switch to go from lead acid to lithium.

The Dometic 11,000 BTU A/C vents out the side, so a roof top tent will not hinder the A/C exhaust…I have an Ironman 4x4 roof top tent on mine with no issues.

There’s a new Survival Series 12RK (see attached image) and 12BH that just came out, not featured on the Encore website yet, but you can see a video showing the trailer on the Encore RV Facebook page. It has a bunch of additional features including heavy-duty 1/4” plate fenders (step-on), a very robust ladder for access to the walk-on roof, 18” splitting axe, 28” splitting axe, overland shove (all on brackets mounted to the roof rack with Quick Fist mounts and locks), LED Pod Flood lights by Optronics, removable table that mounts to the curbside rear, 25” LP griddle, flag pole, America flag America ??, 32” 12V LED TV, TV mount, first aid kit, LifeStraw, Survival Hacks book, (1) 100 A.H. lithium battery, three battery trays, (option for 2 more Lithium batteries, total of 3), Renogy battery monitor, 200 watt solar portable suitcase solar panel with MPPT controller, custom Survival Series graphics package.

The 12RK has a 43-gallon freshwater tank, mounted above the floor, and an exterior shower. 12,000 BTU LP furnace, 11,000 BTU A/C (option), 2-burner stove (with cast iron grates and a glass cover, solid surface countertops, microwave oven, and a 12V refrigerator/freezer.

100% wood-free construction. All-aluminum, all-tube frame featuring exclusive Tri-Bond Construction (frames walls, chassis, roof are joined together with industrial adhesive, mechanical fasteners, and finally welded). Floors and interior walls are lightweight composites that will not absorb water or moisture and cannot promote mold or mildew. The exterior high gloss fiberglass (no fiber print through, just high gloss glass) is backed with Azdel composites and the roof is one-piece from the stone guard to the rear of the trailer.

The cabinets are all CNC laser cut 1/8” aluminum plate, formed and powder coated. They become an integral part of the strength and construction of the trailer. Everywhere they attach, they go into aluminum tube backer for optimal strength…you can pull and yank on them, they’re not budging. Go into a $3 million Prevost motor coach and you can tear the cabinets off the wall with relative ease. The ROG cabinets do have any wood cleats that crack when you run a screw into them, all of the mounting points for the cabinets are identical because they mounting points are laser cut into the cabinets. Everything on this camper was well thought out and perfectly executed.

The roof rack isn’t just a thing of beauty, it’s strong and versatile. There are many different brackets that were designed as accessories that can be purchased and aid in mounting things to the rack. The rear of the trailer features a2” receiver for bike racks or cargo baskets (rated at 200# carrying capacity).

Each exterior corner of the trailer features an SAE Power Port, each one individually wired to a 12V switch inside the trailer. You can easily add extra lights, back up camera or other 12V features you choose.

The interior mattress/futon is a true 60” x 80” Queen mattress. It is a full 8” thick Posture Foam that is very comfortable. It can be put in the mattress sleeping position, furor seated position or in a recliner position (very versatile).

Tows like a dream empty or loaded! I love mine!!B503D639-1E5C-4887-94F1-80EB9C814549.jpeg

jaxyaks

Adventurer
Me goofing around on the roof of my 12RK! Loving this Adventure Trailer!

I added a 3” lift to my trailer for added ground clearance.
View attachment 749204
Any idea how much the survival series 12RK is gonna be? I know the company is new and figuring it out, but they really have trouble putting their products on their website, I have read about all the attachments for the roof rack that you can buy but have not seen a single one listed for sale.

The only thing that has given me pause about picking up this trailer is the lack of any reviews other than dealers and from the company. Searching forums, you tube etc only yields a few reviews or comments. I am sure there will be more soon. Not having new products on the website but actually having them produced and on dealer lots is kinda a red flag to me that the company could possibly not be well organized or in it for the long haul. Or maybe their web people just suck and need to be replaced.

The Survival series only has 2 things that I would be interested in, the ladder and the step bumpers, it would be interesting to know if those could be spec'd separately on the regular 12RK...I would not want to pay a premium for an axe shovel etc but if the price is right I might consider it.

I do like the no wood construction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz