Enclosure box for remote charger?

Naveronski

I'm making a "remote charging box" to bring up into my RTT for phones, fans, lights, etc. It will have 10' of wire connecting it to my batteries and such down below.

For the face, I'll be using a Blue Sea Systems 4368.

I'm looking for a small enclosure box that can house this; I think I'm looking for a 8.5" x 2.5" x 3" plastic project box.

But I'm having trouble finding one that will work. Most boxes that are long enough end up 9x6x5 or something much larger than I need.

What have y'all found?

Naveronski

I bet you could find an plastic electrical junction box around that size. Something like this (found during a google search): https://www.amazon.com/LeMotech-Dustproof-Waterproof-Electrical-150mmx110mmx70mm/dp/B075DHRJHZ

I use a small blank junction box for my camper shell switches.
I've been checking Amazon, but they don't have a great way to search by size.
From google, the closest I found was this: https://www.jpmsupply.com/product-p/44038.htm
I would see if those individual components could fit into a cheap crane pendant.
Sorry, a what? Like a remote for an overhead crane?

Superduty

Adventurer
Or get some aluminum and bend it, then use rivets or screws to complete the box.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Naveronski

I'm looking for a small enclosure box that can house this; I think I'm looking for a 8.5" x 2.5" x 3" plastic project box.

But I'm having trouble finding one that will work. Most boxes that are long enough end up 9x6x5 or something much larger than I need.

What have y'all found?
I think you are looking for a project box . Where is Radio Shack when you need one?

Yes, I'm aware of how to search google for "project box". (y)

Naveronski

Steve_P

You can pull the individual units out of the panel and drill the box if a different configuration makes a more compact package. I think you need a 1 1/8 diameter hole for the individual unit.

hg1027

Small or next size harbor freight box might have enough space to put the 10' wires, as well as usb cables and such. And room for a travel battery pack if you wanted it to able to be self contained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles