Electrical sanity check requested

taliv

Observer
So As I was replacing a faucet that was damaged by ice this winter I discovered more evidence the good folks in SA who built my trailer were fairly intent on burning it down. I had previously discovered they installed a solar charger but actually wired the panel directly to the battery instead of routing it through the charger. This time I discovered they also wired the water pump directly to the battery by passing the fuse box.

I have a 4 fuse box sitting literally 4 inches from the pump and the 4th fuse position isn’t wired. The other 3 positions all contain 10amp fuses. its in a difficult position but I’ve attached a couple photos of the label on the pump which says operating current is 2.2 Aand max is 4.5 A.

so my question is, any reason not to reroute the + cable through this fuse box and use another 10 A fuse?

Attachments

• E1C27D5F-EFD0-4786-AB59-A3F01CE1B1BF.jpeg
    E1C27D5F-EFD0-4786-AB59-A3F01CE1B1BF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • C4C468F9-D4F0-436E-8635-E264ACAC3728.jpeg
    C4C468F9-D4F0-436E-8635-E264ACAC3728.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

WOODY2

Adventurer
Bulged batteries need to go ASAP. It's a crying shame that one needs to check the important systems when the cost of trailers is so high.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Check the internal resistance of the bulged batteries with a multimeter for resistance.

Charging them could cause the batteries to blow up if the internal resistance is high enough.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Make sure the total draw of all four circuits doesn't exceed the capacity of the wire supplying the fuse panel. Particularly if there's possibility of all four circuits drawing at the same time.

taliv

Observer
Fuse panel is actually 4 wires in 4 fuses and 4 wires out. So I don’t think concurrent load is an issue but I’ll make sure they’re isolated

rayra

Expedition Leader
Fuse panel is actually 4 wires in 4 fuses and 4 wires out. So I don’t think concurrent load is an issue but I’ll make sure they’re isolated
ok. I figured the aux fuse panel was also the power source in the setup

winch136 power module guts.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke