Electrical, National Luna Question

Bergger

Explorer
So I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about electrical stuff so I thought I'd ask. I have a trailer with dual group 31 batteries in it. They recieve a trickle charge while I drive throught the charge line from the truck. I'm installing my third group 31 in the bed of my truck to run a second fridge. I'm thinking of using a National Luna Power Pack to charge the battery as the truck runs. My question is will my truck, 2003 Tacoma, be able to charge the bed mounted battery mounted in the National Luna box and charge the batteries in trailer sufficiently at the same time? This is the route I think I'd like to take but only if the batteries will be able to be sufficiently charged otherwise it may be a waste of money. Any input would be appreciated.

Bergger

Explorer
The NL Battery will be in the bed and a stand alone battery independent from the two batteries in the Trailer. They will not be connected at all. My truck now trickle charges the two trailer batteries by way of the trailer connection off the hitch. My concern is that once I connect the NL to the starting battery my truck will not sent sufficient juice to effectively charge the battery in the NL box and the trailer batteries? If I end up buying the NL power pack and upgrading the alternator I just wonder if I should go with a solar set up instead? But I do like the idea of not having to set up a solar panel to charge my batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94