Electrical Mystery

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I’ve posted about this before but I see some spare time in the upcoming winter to tackle this problem.....now I’m pretty buttoned up in the electrical dept. on my Montero. I’ve cleaned most of my grounding locations at least once or twice over the past few years. Positives same story....but at night with headlights on, the blower, wipers, radio, etc., when I come to a stop and the brake lights are on I see a noticeable drag on the electrical system. My volt meter slowly drops, I notice headlights dimming, and I feel like it’s because of the brake light draw. If I let off the brakes, the volts come up and the headlights brighten up a bit, blower sounds better etc....I can also hit the gas a bit to get 100-200 more RPM’s and that also fixes it. New Mitsu alternator. Anyone else experience electrical drag like this ? My truck is 100% stock as far as electrical goes. There’s one ground I’ve never cleaned, the FSM shows it’s location inside the back door. I’m ready to tear into the door to inspect that one since it’s the ground for one of the rear taillights. Thoughts?

Smileyshaun

Observer
how are the inside of the ground and positive cables? They may look good from the outside but often will corrode from the inside under the protective coating

PacS14

Adventurer
If you replaced light bulbs, check the ones that you replaced last specially if you can remember which one you replaced before the issue appeared...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne