electrical help

mobydick 11

So I am just installing the electrical system in my Gear trailer . this is my question . when installing the inverter there is a second ground lug . can this be hooked to the negative terminal ? I will give a run down of what I have so far . two T105 6V in series 12V right . this feeds and master shut off then a 80 amp breaker ,positive to 700 w inverter ground from inverter back to first battery negative. I was not intending to ground the batteries to the trailer as it is aluminum . but can the second lug go on the negative post or should it go to the trailer . Thanks

dreadlocks

the chassis ground should go to the trailer frame and be at least half the AWG as the main feed, your battery should also be grounded to the chassis somewhere, aluminum is a fine conductor, especially solid structural pieces of it.

Its to keep your frame and neutral the same potential so you wont shock your self touching the trailer/vehicle.. and to also give the metal casing a path to ground thats not you if it develops an internal fault.

mobydick 11

Th
the chassis ground should go to the trailer frame and be at least half the AWG as the main feed, your battery should also be grounded to the chassis somewhere, aluminum is a fine conductor, especially solid structural pieces of it.

Its to keep your frame and neutral the same potential so you wont shock your self touching the trailer/vehicle.. and to also give the metal casing a path to ground thats not you if it develops an internal fault.
Thank You . I will get on it in the morning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke