Electric Hummer pick up truck teaser pic

F350joe

dunno but it's a real disappointment, considering the native ground clearance etc of an H1. This E-HUMMER is like those H2 bodies on a Tahoe chassis. Real triumph of phony branding.

/I just put my money where my truculence is, now have my registration number for an AWD Cybertruck. Probably be 2-3yrs before the bill comes due.
Cool, look forward to the build. Buy some stock, it could pay for it itself in a few years.
There really is nothing “hummer’ about that truck, blazer maybe.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Not sure how close any of these pictures / renderings are to the production version.

As far as I know, H2's were built on a GM 2500 frame that was bobbed front / rear for better approach / departure angles.

Personally I never had an issue with the H2 / H3. I drove an H2 for a weekend and it averaged better fuel economy that the lifted Grand Cherokee I had at the time.

dunno but it's a real disappointment, considering the native ground clearance etc of an H1. This E-HUMMER is like those H2 bodies on a Tahoe chassis. Real triumph of phony branding.

/I just put my money where my truculence is, now have my registration number for an AWD Cybertruck. Probably be 2-3yrs before the bill comes due.

I have no idea why so many people think that the H2 body is mounted to a Tahoe chassis. The H2 has its own unique frame.

Even in the article written to hate on the H2 clarifies that they are not the same chassis:

Either way I am interested to see what the real design looks like when GM announces it in May... I have stopped looking at the rendering and speculation as it is all just guess work and nobody seem to have inside information (or photo's like in the case of the new Bronco)

onemanarmy

Explorer
There is more to the 'chassis' than just the frame.
They appear to have used the Tahoe steering links/tie rod on the H2.....and the carnage ensued
For a start

EV Hummer = 11500 ft-lb wheel torque
Unimog U500 = 224,000 ft-lb in 1st working gear
2,184,000 ft-lb in 1st crawler gear
About 38500 ft-lb even in 1st road gear.
A U500 can pull a loaded 747. What about the Hummer EV?

phsycle

Adventurer
I must’ve been living under a rock because I am now just hearing about this, as fees came through Twitter about the 10/20 debut. Glad a couple of big 3 are getting into ev trucks to give Tesla some competition. Hope this truck has some decent range. Curious to see how competitive it really will be.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I must’ve been living under a rock because I am now just hearing about this, as fees came through Twitter about the 10/20 debut. Glad a couple of big 3 are getting into ev trucks to give Tesla some competition. Hope this truck has some decent range. Curious to see how competitive it really will be.
Yup, I'll be curious to see how the Hummer compares to the F150 EV. Personally I wouldn't be interested in a Rivian, Telsa or Nikola pick up due to the the lack of dealership infrastructure.

phsycle

Adventurer
Yup, I'll be curious to see how the Hummer compares to the F150 EV. Personally I wouldn't be interested in a Rivian, Telsa or Nikola pick up due to the the lack of dealership infrastructure.

Yes, that’s a hang up for sure. Any Big 3, parts are available virtually anywhere.

But I’m still not sold on 100% EV trucks. A PHEV would definitely interest me, though.

gkieser92

The new Hummer has removable roof panels, which drives me nuts. I don't even like sunroofs. All that glass is going to make a big greenhouse which you will need to run the AC to cool and heat, which comes out of your range. Why can't we have a solid roof with a solar panel to extend range?

T-Willy

Too little range for too much money. The 1% will buy it as bling, but Rivian and Cybertruck are vastly better values. Interesting, but pretty irrelevant.

phsycle

Adventurer
The new Hummer has removable roof panels, which drives me nuts. I don't even like sunroofs. All that glass is going to make a big greenhouse which you will need to run the AC to cool and heat, which comes out of your range. Why can't we have a solid roof with a solar panel to extend range?

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I think that is awesome they put a removable roof in this. Doubt it will have any meaningful hit on range. Even if it does, they will probably come out with opaque and/or solar panels for future models. Or aftermarket people will jump on that.

But too spendy for me. I’m not forking out $120k on a truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles