Electric Chain Saw???

trae

Adventurer
Has anyone had problems with their battry powerd chainsaw in very cold weather? When ur phone and camera die due to cold will the chain saw keep going for fire wood ?

All lithium batteries have degraded discharge performance during cold weather, below 0c. Sticking it in your pocket close to your body should help tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
only problem there is that a lithium chainsaw requires an 8+AH battery....

Better have big pockets :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, so long as the battery is kept warm in a vehicle, you will have decent run time even below freezing.
Colder it gets, the shorter the run time.... but even when the battery chills to the point of not delivering power, all you need to do it warm it up again.

Alloy

More trail clearing but on the 4th (off course the biggest) the 650 was binding. This was damp sticky wood so a wedge cut was made on the side with compression and then two side by side cuts on the hanging side which resulted in a 1/4" slice.DSC00180a.jpgDSC00181a.jpgDSC00183a.jpg

Alloy

We were taught to remove the bark where the saw would cut. Prevents possible crud in the bark dulling the saw and allows to inspect the wood for evidence of embedded metal or something the bark may be hiding.
Maybe thats just hold back to the days of bucksaws when the Sawfiler objected to damaged blades everytime a saw was used..

Stripping bark still works. I've been debating it. The blade will last longer but then I need to carrying an axe. Sometime it is more work stripping bark than cutting the tree.

another_mike

Adventurer
My recommendation for electric chainsaw would be Greenworks 20222 . I used it personally and it works very smoothly without making a lot of noise and can be highly dependable since it does not work on batteries or a charging system.
Greenworks is the best small chainsaw for the money since it has loads of features and is affordable.
The only concern with it is that it does not have a kickback system. You can also look other chainsaws which work best for you. I would also recommend to read Safety Precautions when using a Chainsaw as its importation.
I guess if you're always cutting close to your house, that will work..

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
My recommendation for electric chainsaw would be Greenworks 20222 . I used it personally and it works very smoothly without making a lot of noise and can be highly dependable since it does not work on batteries or a charging system.
Greenworks is the best small chainsaw for the money since it has loads of features and is affordable.
The only concern with it is that it does not have a kickback system. You can also look other chainsaws which work best for you. I would also recommend to read Safety Precautions when using a Chainsaw as its importation.
Spam at it's best...

krick3tt

Adventurer
A draw knife works to debark a space for the chainsaw to bite in but not many carry one of those so an ax will have to do.

geojag

I took the day to explore a bit in the Ouachitas. A lot of the seasonal roads just opened. Ran across a gum and a pine blocking the roads, the Milwaukee electric took care of both quickly.IMG_20201111_063119.jpg

Wallygator

Adventurer

Recently picked up this saw after selling my Stihl Farm Boss with a 20" bar. The Farm Boss was overkill for my current needs. The Milwaukee has been great so far. Loving not having to carry premix. Mine does leak bar oil out of the chain well after use so I need to build a little enclosure for it so I can keep it in the cab. Other than that I am loving the E saw.

geojag

Recently picked up this saw after selling my Stihl Farm Boss with a 20" bar. The Farm Boss was overkill for my current needs. The Milwaukee has been great so far. Loving not having to carry premix. Mine does leak bar oil out of the chain well after use so I need to build a little enclosure for it so I can keep it in the cab. Other than that I am loving the E saw.
I sold my gas saws and picked this up based on my limited usage. Mine leaks a little bar oil too, not too bad though. When I carry it in the truck, I put either a piece of canvas tarp or a pig mat under it.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I know this is an older thread but I want to comment on the DeWalt 20V.

I've had this unit for about 2 years and use it way more than I thought I would. I have rebuilt 200 feet of 6 foot picket fence, torn down two sheds, and helped clear a few FS trails. When my buddy and I camp, this thing comes with us and makes fast work of 8 and 10 inch fallen trees for fire wood.

The best part? It is super quiet. I don't disturb the neighbors or announce to the world our camp spot. Nor do I need hearing protection. It's only on when I am using it so it's not sputtering and choking during idle.

I carry the saw, 3 batteries, bottle of bar and chain oil and a few files for it. Is it as good as a gas powered unit? No, but it absolutely works for what I need to.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I also have the DeWalt 20V chainsaw and also carry the recharger that plugs into my LR's socket. Handy thing to have so I am not ever without a way to recharge my battery while on the road. Haven't been on the road much lately though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94