El Camino Del Diablo (Rogue Trip) camping info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Nay, I'm a Unix bigot through and through (though OSX could be logically argued in that also).

Pskhaat

Boston Mangler said:
I might be able to make this trip depending on the dates (i dont see any posted) and if there is still room! Sounds fun!

Jan 14-16, leaving the 17th open just in case, but 3 days should I think do it? We're all meeting in Phoenix and driving Yuma way that night, hitting the permit place in Yuma in the morning and then heading out. We have 2 guys from Durango (fj803fe & durango60), a guy from NE AZ (freightdog) and one of Durango60's friends from DFW and myself.

Let me know if thosee dates work for you and if you'd like to make it, where you could meet us; we'd love to have you along (the more the better ;-)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
pskhaat said:
Jan 14-16, leaving the 17th open just in case, but 3 days should I think do it? We're all meeting in Phoenix and driving Yuma way that night, hitting the permit place in Yuma in the morning and then heading out. We have 2 guys from Durango (fj803fe & durango60), a guy from NE AZ (freightdog) and one of Durango60's friends from DFW and myself.

Let me know if thosee dates work for you and if you'd like to make it, where you could meet us; we'd love to have you along (the more the better ;-)

Thanks for the reply Scott. Unfortunately, i will be in Laughlin for a race that weekend! Have a good time! My schedule frees up quite a bit after Feb! Woo Hoo!

Pskhaat

East Trail Entry?

Would y'all suggest dropping onto the trail in Welton or Fortuna?

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
Depends on amount of time you have. From Wellton, its a quick drive down through the Goldwater Range (no loitering) to Tenajas Altas where you may want to climb to the top to the tanks before continuing over to Tule Wells. We have a cache at Tenajas Altas if your a geocacher.
From Fortuna you can drive through the old Fortuna Mine site and south past Spook Canyon and on down to Cipriano Pass over to Tenajas Altas. There is a 4x4 track at the south end of Vopoki Ridge (south of Spook Cn) that you can take NE back up to the rim of the canyon (N 32° 29.009 W 114° 16.783) for some great views of the canyon and Hooterville the marine urban warfare training site to the west. A simulated village constructed from shipping containers. If its still there. An interesting side trip.
There is also another entrance (a gate in highway fence) near MP42 on I8 that goes straight south through Christmas Pass to Tule Wells. Lot of sand wash before rocky Christmas Pass. Fun drive.
BTW, there are sensors all over the place that you will trip, so you can probably expect a visit from the Border Patrol at some point.
Also, here is a website that I got info from before my first time down that way. http://www.4x4now.com/pp001.htm
BX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz