Ego 18” Saw Dead

Bravo30

I have the 18” saw with led light. It was working fine up until last night. It made a little click that I’ve heard before when the blade was jammed up so I took it apart and it needed a cleaning. After cleaning it up it doesn’t function at all now. Not even the light works. Fully charged battery and the crank moves freely. Is there some type of safety that switches power off if the blade is jammed up?

thoughts?

468496BD-AB2D-43F7-BBCD-93D4F694798F.jpeg

Bravo30

I have a video of when it stopped working and as soon as you hear the mechanical click sound the led light goes off.

Bravo30

Small rest button hid somewhere? When all else fails read the brochure you put away.

I through that out long ago. Online manual says all the basic stuff Like battery, chain brake, trigger lockout etc.
It’s weird that the led light went out as well. That should always work.

WOODY2

Adventurer
I through that out long ago. Online manual says all the basic stuff Like battery, chain brake, trigger lockout etc.
It’s weird that the led light went out as well. That should always work.
Perhaps your battery is choking as soon as a load is applied.

huntsonora

Explorer
Did you accidentally push the safety brake forward? Pull it all the way back and pull and back multiple times and see if that doesn’t help

TwinStick

Explorer
If none of the above work, my money would be on the trigger switch.

My son has a bunch of ego equipment. His lawn mower stopped working, it was a broken wire. I could have fixed it for him but they sent him a new mower. No batteries, no charger, no side discharge chute, no bagger, no blade. Just a stripped mower.

I have the weed trimmer and blower combo. I like them so far. Keep us posted please as to what the problem was.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Ego, Ryobi. Green whatever and Milwaukee are all owned by the same company. Neighbors kid works for them.

If the chain was jammed up and full battery? I wonder if you popped the switch? Like blew the switch? Thats my first thought on your description. I have Ryobi 40v stuff been pretty hard on the chain saw on my 4th Oregon chain and tend to run them till they’re done. I do know the batteries have some kind of voltage load cut off, load it up hard and the battery will actually cut power. Which could be why your not seeing a light. You pop the battery off and toss it on the charger to see if the charger check cycles through and switches to charge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles