EEZI AWN TENTS

razzyrazz

Hi all,

Going to look at some tents and trailers on Friday. I've spent a good week researching RTT's and specifically EEZI AWN since I have a buddy selling his EEZI AWN XKLUSIV 2200. I know that EEZI AWN is supposed to be one of the best out there, but they are also priced accordingly. We are a family of 4 and plan to eventually be a family of 6 so the size seems great. We are avid campers so whatever RTT we buy will get a lot of use year round. Is a very lightly used EEZI AWN XKLUSIV 2200 worth more than a brand new Tepui Ruggedized Autana 4 when it is now on sale for $2500 vs. an EEZI AWN AT 3K+? PM'd the only guy on here who has posted about this exact EEZI AWN tent but no reply. Thanks!

ThePartyWagon

Most of the standard RTT, ie Tepui, were modeled off the Eezi-Awn Series 3. EA has been around for decades and continues to be used worldwide for extensive travel. From what I've seen personally/heard on the interwebs, Tepui products don't always stand up to extensive travel. TBH, that's not what they were intended for. The fit and finish, craftsmanship and durability of Eezi-Awn surpasses most mass produced tents made in China, in my opinion. If you plan on using this tent for years and years, I'd go EA over Tepui every time. I'd say yes, the used EA is worth more than a new Tepui at sale pricing. You've got the size correct, the 2200 is what you would need to sleep 4 and you could add the annex room and a couple cots or sleeping pads for additional sleeping room.

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
I kind of think you are putting the cart before the horse. Are you aware you are looking at tents weighing in at something like 250 Lbs? I advise against anything over 135 Lbs unless you have something prepared for high loads up high.

I find it unusual that Thule's roof bars are only rated for 165 lbs maximum (dynamic) yet they sell a 250 Lb rooftent.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have worked with Eezi Awn for about 15 years and have only had great experiences with their tents. We had a handful of issues with tents over the years, nothing major, and all the problems were fixed immediately by Paul May at Equipt1. Paul is the US importer.

I have also known Jess the owner of Eezi Awn for about the same period of time and find him to be the most knowledgeable tent person in the community, he has helped me with a number of project and his insight is amazing. Jess puts the customer first and both Eezi Awn and Equipt1 work on the premise that “ If its our fault we will fix it, if it’s your fault we will help you fix it”. There is no limited warranty with the tents they stand behind them as long as you own them, some of my friends in Southern Africa have owned the same Eezi Awn tent for close to thirty years and still get the same great service.

If you are looking for unsurpassed quality, superior service and longevity then Eezi Awn is the way to go. If your are willing to compromise quality for price you have a lot of mediocre products to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles