Edgestar Fridge Modifications Thread

On a recent death valley trip, my edge star quit keeping stuff cold. It probably has a leak. I've had it constantly running for about 2.5 years. Time for a National Luna or ARB.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
My edgestar has also stopped cooling. Ive had it for about 5 years now, so I guess I got my moneys worth? I'm guessing its time for an ARB, unless anyone knows how to get the compressor running again? The fan works, but the compressor wont kick on...

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
My edgestar has also stopped cooling. Ive had it for about 5 years now, so I guess I got my moneys worth? I'm guessing its time for an ARB, unless anyone knows how to get the compressor running again? The fan works, but the compressor wont kick on...
Might have to check it for a refrigerant leak. Easy fix and recharge hopefully.

KK6POV

Adventurer
Thought you guys might like to see my sweet hold downs and custom sewn (ignore the crappy sew job in the pic it was a prototype) hold down straps, I built the shelf too in the back of my tacoma, it uses the same bolts holes as the seat you want one? I can make more. I am kind of trying to get a low key/ neighborhood fabrication outfit goin' We could make more hold downs too.
DSC00102.jpgDSC00101.jpg

KK6POV

Adventurer
How does 30 for the pair sound? I just primed and painted them that prob wouldn't hold up to turnbuckles, that was my original plan but I liked the straps better and I mad those from existing parts I had. Turnbuckles were pricey for closed body ones.

KK6POV

Adventurer
considering they will fit in a flat rate box I can PROBABLY include shipping... send me your addresses via PM, I have paypal as well... but you have to pay the fee to send it because i am not a dealer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne