Edgestar fridge diagnosis

Stitebunny

Adventurer
I have an fp430 that has quit cooling. I’ve read through the fridge mod thread and searched for other similar issues and have not found a similar case.
Symptoms are the same on ac and dc power.
The fan, compressor and temp settings all work.
The fan and compressor run continuously with no cooling.
The condenser was pretty dirty so got everything all cleaned up.
It is the model with the second temp sensor wired in. So I went ahead and hooked that one up. No change.
I haven’t yet installed an LED to check the flash/fault codes, but I can do that this week.
Im guessing that it may have leaked the refrigerant at this point.
But im looking for other things to check or someone that has run into a similar issue that may have some information for me to go on.
Fridge has been running in the house on ac power for a few years with no issue.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Was able to test for any faults and have no flashes.
Fridge did appear to cool a bit so when the temp setting was set to above ambient, the fan and compressor shut off.
Went ahead and order a bullet piercing valve and gave it a few shots of refrigerant. Didn’t bother weighing it as i don’t have a way to tell how much was still in there. The temperature is cooling down further now. Will keep working on it…

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Was able to test for any faults and have no flashes.
Fridge did appear to cool a bit so when the temp setting was set to above ambient, the fan and compressor shut off.
Went ahead and order a bullet piercing valve and gave it a few shots of refrigerant. Didn’t bother weighing it as i don’t have a way to tell how much was still in there. The temperature is cooling down further now. Will keep working on it…
Cool at leased you know that it just lost it's Gas,

There may not be a leak, it could be just a simple case of a blockage when they filled it up and it never got a full load of gas when they put it together, I have a fridge that worked fine when I got it then it started messing about but it's been 5/6 years and its runmning fine, Sometimes they just have a bit of dirt blocking the veins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles