Econoline Wall lining

watson.robin

Hi folks,

Apologies if I missed this, but I've spend the last 8-10mins searching and not found what I was looking for.

I'm wondering where you can possibly buy a plywood/plastic/chipboard kit to line the walls of a 2000' E350 superduty?
I want to stuff some insulation in the recesses, then plywood over to protect the walls for loading motocross bikes in it, and then carpet the walls for some comfort for the odd camping trip.

Thanks in advance!

The Artisan

Adventurer
Not sure if this helps you, but when I do auto upholstery panels from scratch I use ABS thin sheets. I cover them with my materials or carpet.
I use door panel clips on the back so they can pop into the pre drilled holes that match up.
Kevin

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Wise industries sells a fiberboard kit with carpet that is probably the easiest/quickest way. It is "okay". https://www.realtruck.com/pro-van-carpeted-cargo-liners/R182189P2010Y2652MA.html
It is quick, easy to stuff some thinsulate sound deadening and reflective insulation stuff in the walls and screw it in. Not fancy. It wastes a lot of space by being one big panel for each wall but again, its quick and easy if you don't feel like building nice panels.

Mmm pie

Observer
Might have to give it a try, seems lighter than thin plywood. I just don't want it squeezing down the back roads.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Im using 1/8" baltic birch plywood in 5x5' sheets. Sealing it with exterior grade paint before upholstery. thinsulate from hein and reflectix are behind it.

Mmm pie

Observer
I checked out the coroplast. Decided it was to flimsy for my build. You really need to reinforce the back side. I purchased some 5mm plywood from lowes. First time really working with wood, hope it goes well.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I checked out the coroplast. Decided it was to flimsy for my build. You really need to reinforce the back side. I purchased some 5mm plywood from lowes. First time really working with wood, hope it goes well.
Make sure you water proof with paint or coating before the carpet goes down. If it gets wet it will warp over time.
Kevin

SpeedWobbles

Inlad Option

The wall panels that Brianjwilson used are pretty nice. I checked his van out a month or so ago before he sold it and was really impressed with the fit and finish.

Inlad has an option as well. It looks like a composite multi-layer panel with insulation and maybe some sound deadening also. It is more expensive then the Wise Industries option. From what I can tell the Inlad option does not cover everything in the interior like the Wise Industries Panels do. Link is below. Has anyone seen the Inlad panels in person?

https://www.inlad.com/legend-fleet-...r-ford-e-series-leg-duratherm-fe?page_id=1053

watson.robin

The wall panels that Brianjwilson used are pretty nice. I checked his van out a month or so ago before he sold it and was really impressed with the fit and finish.

Inlad has an option as well. It looks like a composite multi-layer panel with insulation and maybe some sound deadening also. It is more expensive then the Wise Industries option. From what I can tell the Inlad option does not cover everything in the interior like the Wise Industries Panels do. Link is below. Has anyone seen the Inlad panels in person?

https://www.inlad.com/legend-fleet-...r-ford-e-series-leg-duratherm-fe?page_id=1053

I came across Inlad also, but it's pretty pricey.
I was more looking for something like I did in my previous VW vans when I lived in Ireland. They're available for pretty well anyvan in Ireland and the UK anyway.
See www.van-guard.ie

I bought the kit, then just fitted it myself
IMG_4989 (1024x768).jpg

And stuck carpet (that a friend got for me for free, I didn't choose the color!)
IMG_0103 (1024x768).jpg

It's pretty tough, which I want for dirt bike handlebars bashing into it, it would hold in whatever insulation you chose, and is pretty cost effective.

PS, here it is from outside...I miss it! 4-motion, 2.5L 5 cylinder turbo diesel. Used to get 30-33mpg, 190bhp and light enough that it felt fast. It actually handled really well too after I put the BMW X5 wheels on it, and lowered and stiffened it a bit.
First Pic is when I bought it, the rest are after I finished with the mods.

IMG_4965.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94