Econoline Van Swivel Seat Bases

porkchop817

Would send cash now if I knew i could make them work with a 1995 e350 club wagon.

Do you know of any build threads or pics of what others have done to make them fit the earlier 4th gens?

1der

Observer
Adapting to 1996 and prior is challenging. Unfortunately, I do not have any references or threads to point you to.

I have given it thought. 1996 and older seat belts attach to floor. Switching to 97 and newer seats moves the attachment to the seat. This facilitates rotation. Figuring out the floor attachment is a bit more involved. Drilling new holes in either the floor to match the plate or holes in the plate to match the OEM mounting locations would be required. In the 97 and up the whole unit has been optimized to allow the seat to rotate with minimal interference w the fog house and door. This would have to be worked out for the 96 and older.

Lastly, the crash certifications will not be applicable with any modifications.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Is there an option to have the swivel base also be a quick release unit?
So as to use as a 3rd captain chair behind the passenger front which can be quickly removed/installed.

jkam

nomadic man
I have a 96 E350 Lazy Daze RV that has swivel bases on both seats.
You might look at RV wreckers to see if you can find ones that fit.

1der

Observer
HEADS UP -- I have another batch of bases for August 28th, 2020 availability. Please PM me if interested. Thxs!

Last edited:

iggi

Ian
Installed in a 2009 E350 with a Crestline New Era Ambulance Module. Works awesome!
Had to remove the arm rest as the door wouldn't close, but didn't need to remove the ambulance console.
IMG_2715.JPG

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I have a swivel for E Series. I had a ‘13, and just never got it installed- in fact, bought here, and never opened...
PM if interested, hope it helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94