Ecoflow Delta 2 vs DIY Battery Setup

4x4tripping

Adventurer
LiFePO4-diy-battery-setup-camping-vanlife-bus-travel-vehicle-comparison-ecoflow-rv.JPG

A DIY project Power Systems with 12v, Solar vs an Ecoflow Delta2 - which solution is better?

It is not easy to compare, because both solutions have some advenate/disadvantages.

Both variants did come with LiFePO4 and will have after 3000 Cycle times arround 80% capacity, the ecoflow and the DIY - in my comparison.

So even with a daily use, it will have over 80% of the capacity after 8.3 Years. Guess that is not an point to discuss anymore.

The space required by the DIY project and the weight are the main disadvantages, together with the starting price.

And you can`t just use cheapies for the DIY buildup, when you want to have an serious warranty like the ecoflow did provide (5 years)...

trippin

Last edited:

75S30

LiFePO4-diy-battery-setup-camping-vanlife-bus-travel-vehicle-comparison-ecoflow-rv.JPG

A DIY project Power Systems with 12v, Solar vs an Ecoflow Delta2 - which solution is better?

It is not easy to compare, because both solutions have some advenate/disadvantages.

Both variants did come with LiFePO4 and will have after 3000 Cycle times arround 80% capacity, the ecoflow and the DIY - in my comparison.

So even with a daily use, it will have over 80% of the capacity after 8.3 Years. Guess that is not an point to discuss anymore.

The space required by the DIY project and the weight are the main disadvantages, together with the starting price.

And you can`t just use cheapies for the DIY buildup, when you want to have an serious warranty like the ecoflow did provide (5 years)...

trippin
This an interesting question these days. I have a Delta 2. I chose to go this route because at least right now, I’m mostly doing just weekend trips and wanted to be able to easily pull everything out of my truck during the week.

We had a couple days where the power went out around Christmas and I was able to run my house fridge off the Ecoflow which was a nice bonus. I also like the idea of being able to take it separate from my truck if I’m in a friend’s vehicle.

As a con, I will say that I’m a little worried the Ecoflow might not have enough DC ports for my use. I want to run a led light kit and a fridge in the back of the truck and both require a 12v cig plug. That’s the only real con I can think of for the Ecoflow at this point.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I may have been able to build a similar unit to my Bluetti 2000, look at the specs, a battery bank is one thing but can you duplicate all the features in your garage, spending countless hours, finding parts to build the same thing.

Don't flatter yourself, no, you can't!

Old saying, poor people have poor ways.

So, you might save $600, you will warrant all the components, if you get a bad cell, you'll change it out, if you screw up a solder it's on you, best of luck.

Plug and play, if it breaks toss it away, replace it under warranty or if not, move on to another day.

Can you pick up that array you built and move it to another vehicle, or use it in your home if the power goes out, really, most bolt crap in their rigs.

My Bluetti can sit in the center of my trailer, the safest spot. If your rig gets hit by an old lady going to church where you bolted all your electronics, you're dead, wiring boards you built can get fried, damage can be catastrophic, my Bluetti is in an aluminum enclosure safely away from impact areas.

My beer drinking time is worth more than the time required to research, build, buy components and incorporate into vehicles in a manner as versatile as a portable solar generator. That's just me. For those that don't need beer drinking time or any time for anything else, be my guest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles