Eating crow....2018 Ram Power Wagon build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
This is fantastic, how did the install go with the software and assigning each AUX. Is that very difficult?

I am not sure what all is entailed in getting the system to work with the trucks software, but it's pretty simple in physical design. It comes with a fuse relay box that has a positive wire and a harness that runs to the original switch area in the center stack. You plug the original connection into the harness and then it has a pig tail that then plugs into the panel. You have to run a ground for each item that you power but that's easy.

The owner of 4th Gen Ram Electronics was super helpful in answering my questions and getting my order to me in a timely manner. I am not sure what kind of sorcery he performs to make these work, but apparently he knows something that the factory doesn't or doesn't want to provide a solution for, because the dealer will tell you that they can't be added after the fact. The price was a drop in the bucket when compared to sPOD and the Switch Pros 9100.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Third Gen Dodge electronics, much simpler to execute. Just stick some Hella rockers into the factory panel and wire 'em up. No CAN bus on my '05 PW.Omega Dump 111809 011.jpg

Phreak480

Army Guy
I am not sure what all is entailed in getting the system to work with the trucks software, but it's pretty simple in physical design. It comes with a fuse relay box that has a positive wire and a harness that runs to the original switch area in the center stack. You plug the original connection into the harness and then it has a pig tail that then plugs into the panel. You have to run a ground for each item that you power but that's easy.

The owner of 4th Gen Ram Electronics was super helpful in answering my questions and getting my order to me in a timely manner. I am not sure what kind of sorcery he performs to make these work, but apparently he knows something that the factory doesn't or doesn't want to provide a solution for, because the dealer will tell you that they can't be added after the fact. The price was a drop in the bucket when compared to sPOD and the Switch Pros 9100.

The dealer is right, it can't be added after the fact with the wiring that exists in the truck. This guy makes an add-on harness that makes it work.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
So this happened today! I'll post more about it tomorrow.

1yitoW0.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks great! I never liked a topper until I got one, now I won’t go back! Now you need to slap a coat of colinite wax on that and clean it every day! I love black trucks but I hate cleaning them.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We set out again for the beach this morning, we've coined this our Sunday Seaside Stroll and it looks like it's going to become a regular thing for us on Sunday's when we are in town. The tide was low and so was the wind and surf this morning and it made for a nice leisurely drive most of the way down to Sargent and back.

8ek8iuD.jpg

FzW0X2Z.jpg

I happened upon this Snugtop Super Sport a few weeks back and I finally got in touch with the seller and arranged a time to go look at it. Low and behold it was the correct color, size, and model for my truck and given all of that along with the excellent condition and the insanely low price I simply couldn't pass on it. I never imagined myself as a traditional camper kind of guy, but you can't deny their usefulness.

1yitoW0.jpg

I'm still not sure how I'll utilize the interior space or how detailed that build will get as I have other plans for the bed area and that build out, but for now it'll provide a secure enclosed space for my spare, luggage when traveling with the dogs, and a dry/secure area for the dogs when they are filthy. Believe it or not, I have noticed a slight improvement in fuel efficiency on the highway since I mounted the topper. The previous owner said I would see an improvement, but I found it hard to believe until I saw it with my own eyes. I snapped a few pics of the interior room and how it kind of makes the truck appear larger than it truly looks/feels.

bgKPRoB.jpg

PyydQnt.jpg

We've never had the 4Runner and PW parked next to one another prior to our recent move/relocate and it's crazy how much bigger the PW is when you put them side by side.

VxjZGq4.jpg

A few more pics from this mornings beach cruise.

3WTROTf.jpg

8qT3OrH.jpg

QMRcUfr.jpg

4vk1SEr.jpg

8gIg2sD.jpg

ttengineer

Adventurer
You should look into a Topper EZ lift. You can add a tent liner if you want as shown below and lift the top to load larger items and then lower it back down once the load is strapped down.

1a45a0338ea8ed42f935c596a0fed04a.jpg

fa5163b30c89684a370d3d7cebf55ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOLAMF

Maniac
You should look into a Topper EZ lift. You can add a tent liner if you want as shown below and lift the top to load larger items and then lower it back down once the load is strapped down.

1a45a0338ea8ed42f935c596a0fed04a.jpg

fa5163b30c89684a370d3d7cebf55ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that is the best thing ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior