Eating crow....2018 Ram Power Wagon build

jadmt

ignore button user
I am going with the EVO Sport.

There are a couple reasons I am switching. I want side access and the Snugtop on there has solid windows. The rear latch is a bit weak IMO. Multiple times I have had gear push against the center lever and pop the rear open while on trail. One time I had gear shift forward and press the on the center lever so it could not turn. I had to drive forward and hit the brakes to shift everything forward to get it to open again.
My buddy had the rsi topper and it was really nice. Lots of cool features but the one liked the best was the positive air vent to keep dust out. He got a wild hair and sold his truck with topper and decked system.

BigBrokenZJ

I am going with the EVO Sport.

There are a couple reasons I am switching. I want side access and the Snugtop on there has solid windows. The rear latch is a bit weak IMO. Multiple times I have had gear push against the center lever and pop the rear open while on trail. One time I had gear shift forward and press the on the center lever so it could not turn. I had to drive forward and hit the brakes to shift everything forward to get it to open again.

You won’t regret the RSI. My only complain is the rear access height.. taller items can be a pain to get in, but I also have a Bedslide so I lose some height there as well. I have the EVOc (wanted solid doors) and did a full bin on the driver side. Really well constructed and attached to the shell way better than my old ARE. It also has the rivnuts already installed for attaching things inside on the roof.. I picked up some m8 eye bolts for strapping things up.

You won’t be disappointed.

dogman1911

Finally got a chance to get out and explore for the first time this year. I wanted to reach a few places to shoot landscape but theere is still too much snow on the forest roads we were on at altitude...still a few weeks.

Did get a good shot of the RSi SmartCap on the Power Wagon. What a fantastic topper.

ram30.jpg

pack01a.jpg

UglyViking

I've been toying with tossing my tire up on the roof rack to get bed space back for camping. How much of a pain was it to get up there?

dogman1911

For simplicity, I use an electric winch and pulley in my shop. In a pinch, I can, and have, hoisted it to the bed and could hoist it from the bed to the rack in the worst case scenario. I have a Cargo Glide bed slider so that pulls out for a stable platform and gives me a couple extra inches to reach the top.

Getting it down is easy?

I figure if I have to change a tire on the road, the bad tire could go in the bed temporarily if there were issues getting it on top such as low canopy, dangerous spot to change tire, bad weather, etc.

dogman1911

Been through a few moves so exploring has been slow the last 1+ years. I'm in Alaska now, so not having much time to get out (for the moment) sucks. Unlike the PNW and western US, there are not many logging, forest and mining roads to get you to remote places, so it's STOL aircraft, boat, canoe, ski, snow machine, ATV and good old shoe leather to get to the back country.

tangle04a.jpg

tangle03a.jpg

tangle02.jpg

COAKXterra

Been through a few moves so exploring has been slow the last 1+ years. I'm in Alaska now, so not having much time to get out (for the moment) sucks. Unlike the PNW and western US, there are not many logging, forest and mining roads to get you to remote places, so it's STOL aircraft, boat, canoe, ski, snow machine, ATV and good old shoe leather to get to the back country.

View attachment 791345

Love watching this rig progress and travel. Such a clean build.

I see you found the Maclaren though!!! One of my all time favorite places. What has you up in AK??

We are moving back up next month. Can’t wait for next summer to get back out and explore in our ‘18 PW (will be highly dependent on new job). But yeah, I’d agree that the simplicity of just finding a forest road isn’t quite the same as the L48.
IMG_1727.jpeg
IMG_6361.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior