Easy-up alternative.

Photobug

We have an Easy-up canopy roof. It took a tumble last summer during a lightning storm. I was able to recover it and rebuild it but it is very bulky to carry and awkward. I am looking for a recommendation for a taller shelter with wall or screen sides for setting up for an outdoor dining location. I have seen them around at campgrounds and music festivals but can't remember which models I liked the look of they were usually cheaper suspect companies that I know would not last very long.

Just to give an example of what I am kind of looking for is this.
https://www.rei.com/product/169740/veer-basecamp-shelter This looks very nice but one feature i did not like on it, it won't work for us.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I got one of these, they make different models for different vehicles, All you need is to measure the height of the tailgate and width of the vehicle and buy the one that fits, Even though the add says for VW T5 etc they are actually made for any vehicle.

hope that helps,

Last edited:

Photobug

That is nice seeing if they have something to fit a truck and can ship to the states. Could have used something last night mosquitoes wost I've ever seen.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That is nice seeing if they have something to fit a truck and can ship to the states. Could have used something last night mosquitoes wost I've ever seen.
Give me a minute and I will find you the company that makes them,

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Ok put your tailgate up and measure the height of it where it meets the body then measure the width of the vehicle and then pick out one from this list and if you find one let me know if they won't ship it and I will see if I can get it done for you Ok,

check em all out here,

Good Luck,

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
There’s a pretty nice variety of attachment tents out there. I have an older Cabela’s tent that attached snugly to the back of my pickup when it had a shell on it.

Here’s an interesting, convertible model by ArcHaus:

263B8DBD-3640-496D-8DE9-3907688C8DFE.jpeg

I believe Napier makes a few cheaper model attachment tents, like these below.

C97A4D1C-DBC1-4F1F-B967-120A0F1A037D.jpeg

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
There’s a pretty nice variety of attachment tents out there. I have an older Cabela’s tent that attached snugly to the back of my pickup when it had a shell on it.

Here’s an interesting, convertible model by ArcHaus:

View attachment 593935

I believe Napier makes a few cheaper model attachment tents, like these below.

View attachment 593943
I also have a big Dometic version of those but the one in my post further up the page take less that 2 or 3 minutes to erect, because all you do is hang it over the tailgate and peg it down which makes it great for quick over night stays or wild camping while travelling, also it has a huge door on the rear that can be unzipped to make an awning or sun shade,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles