Easy Fridge attachment to factory cargo advice (lx470)

Mpl1978

I just bought a fridge and I need a slide to make things easier. I have been looking at several fridge slides and have one issue that needs to be resolved. I would like to avoid taking the carpet out of the rear cargo and/or making any permanent mods in the event that I sell the vehicle in the future. My thought is to attach the fridge slide to a piece of wood that is similar size for the base....my problem is how can i attach the wood base to the cargo floor without any major mods? Anyone have any advice.......TIA

Mpl1978

Goose gear is nice, if I had a new G-wagen! J-bolts are the answer! Thanks - thoughts on the slide below. Seems a fair price for a slide and cutting board.

whitenoise

Adventurer
J-bolts are what I used but I'd recommend using U bolts if you can. After a while I would notice my fridge start to shift a bit, causing some introspection on what would happen in the case of a crash or rollover (that's one reason I went away from a heavy fridge and slide). U bolts will be more secure due to grabbing the mounting surface at two points.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

4Beast

Observer
Goose gear is nice, if I had a new G-wagen! J-bolts are the answer! Thanks - thoughts on the slide below. Seems a fair price for a slide and cutting board.

Right, that stuff is pretty pricey for what it is, IMHO.
Maybe I'm a little developmentally delayed, but I don't see an easy way to mount that Tortuga slide onto the carpet of a Cruiser. those mounting holes seem too small to do anything of substance, it seems like they are screw holes to mount it to a drawer or plate of some sort. Am I missing something?

Mpl1978

I plan to attach the slide to a piece of wood or starboard, then attach the wood or starboard to the seating mounts with u-bolts......

I think that will work

nitroracing

Does anyone know what kind of material is the Goose Gear plate made of? Thing about wood is they get heavy, fast! I'm trying to see if I can make the same template using PVC type stuff or just cover the carpet area with like bathroom insulation and vinyl before installing the fridge slide...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mpl1978

Starboard would be great.......

Does anyone have the exact measurements and/or drawings of the rear cargo of the lx470? I would love to get a custom cut platform from starboard.

whitenoise

Adventurer
You could do it with a couple of pieces of aluminum flat if you copy my construction method in my first post with that Tortuga slide....no wood or starboard needed. Just lay them flat across the top of the L shaped side pieces, then fasten with U bolts.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles