Easy clean up meals?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Then you have to manage the trash... Washing dishes isn't that hard.

One of the few hard rules I have when camping is no disposable plates/utensils/cups. I can be flexible with the napkins. If you have a disposable plate, you're not eating anything I cooked.
I met some guys in Baja who used a phone book for the obvious and whittled their own utensils out of redwood lath from discarded lobster traps. We laid a roll of tp to them for hemorrhoid prevention.

displacedtexan

I met some guys in Baja who used a phone book for the obvious and whittled their own utensils out of redwood lath from discarded lobster traps. We laid a roll of tp to them for hemorrhoid prevention.
I'd like to hang out with those guys a little bit.

I wouldn't want to run with them though!

amenges45

Sorry...I couldn't resist. Seriously, foil packs in fire... Potatoes, onions, peppers and steak bits... Season to taste. Always a pleasure.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Spaghetti ‘Donuts’

These actually are quite easy to prepare ahead of time using your air fryer. They taste a bit like cold slices of pizza, flavor wise, but crisper!

C2C7B676-0274-4B59-BAF1-BF9EF79E8F35.jpeg

MaritzaTurner

I stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years back, but hey, the camping tips are timeless, right? So, if you're still in need of easy clean-up meals for car camping, I've got some solid suggestions. When you're out in the wilderness, go for low-maintenance dishes that won't leave you scrubbing for ages or require tons of water. One-pot wonders are your best bet! Whip up a delicious breakfast scramble on your griddle or scottle using eggs, veggies, and pre-cooked bacon. Quick and hassle-free! Another winner is a skillet pizza cooked in your trusty cast iron cookware. Pre-make the dough, top it with your favorite ingredients, and let that cast iron work its magic. Oh, and here's a nifty trick: consider using whole milk powder for that creamy goodness without the hassle of lugging around liquid milk.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles