Easter Exploration in the Mojave Preserve

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
EASTER EXPLORATION IN THE MOJAVE PRESERVE

img9515g.jpg

It seems that so many people are wrapped up in the Mojave Road that they don't take time to see or even realize what the rest of the preserve has to offer. On this particular adventure we headed out to the areas that aren't as popular to share the history and fascinating sites with you. My main goal was to take the lesser traveled route when given the opportunity and explore parts north of I-15 that people don't even know is part of the preserve. We even broke across state line briefly.

With that said, this is part 1 of 2, since there was so much great history going on out there. I'll have the second installment up next week. We will also be posting up images that weren't in the reports on our Facebook page (facebook.com/adventureduo) since there was just too many to share in the report. We shot 700+ photos in 2.5 days.

Enjoy!

www.adventureduo.com

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Love it!

Dave, what tires are you running these days? I couldn't tell.

We are running Cooper ST/MAXX. They've been on the truck & trailer for a year and 4 months with zero problems to date. We're happy with them and Cooper announced recently that they're working on larger sizes now too.

stioc

Expedition Leader
We are running Cooper ST/MAXX. They've been on the truck & trailer for a year and 4 months with zero problems to date. We're happy with them and Cooper announced recently that they're working on larger sizes now too.

Thanks! They're great tires, I was going back and forth between those and the Duratracs but ended up with the Duratracs just because of the rebate at the time.

Great trip report and can't wait to see the 2nd part to it.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Sorry for the delay on Part 2. We just bought a house in the local mountains and it looks like we're relocating our business that way too. The trip report is suffering just a tad, but i am still working on it. Hoping for this coming weekend to post it.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Congratulations on the new home.

I agree about the Preserve. Our first trip camping was to Kelso Dunes. Very sad that Mitchell Caverns State Park/area is now closed and has been subjected to vandalism. We've not driven the Mojave Road but from our adventures in the area we know there is so much to see and do out there. Need to get back in the fall.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks guys! We're pretty fortunate that is for sure!

I just created a new thread for the Part 2 continuation of this report. It just so happens to be our 100th Trip Report! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne