East Coasters Unite

jds0912

Adventurer
Haven't seen a thread yet for pontential East Coast participants, so I figured I would make one:sombrero:. I have not worked out the logistics of timing vs. leave accumulation for work, but I am pretty sure I am in for this rally along with my brother. The plan is to drive South from Maryland in my Tacoma with his KLR in the back or on a trailer until we're close to the border. He is on some of the KLR forums trying to see if there is interest to trailer multiple bikes and meeting in Texas to skip the long boring ride through the South. If there are any other East Coast moto guys interested in this option please let me know.

Are there any other East Coast folks thinking about doing the rally?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Hopefully for you guys the ferry concept will materialize, that will give you an easy way to return! I am sure there will be other teams from the East coast who will join.
And bring the KLR is a great idea!

jds0912

Adventurer
Glad to see there is some interested east coasters on here. I'm staying tuned; we'd definitely be interested in getting a convoy together.

Wandr

Observer
I'm planning on going as well. We were planning on doing a trip down there in January anyways and it seems like a good place to start.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
We're coming from the New York area. Not sure how early / fast we'll go... would be happy to potentially go in a group, especially if there are any other families going with kids.

technichen

Observer
Hey Everyone,
My family(wife&twins)and I will be leaving from Charleston, WV. I would love to road trip down with a group. We don't have a set schedule yet, but our tentative plan is to make the kick off party and stay with the group from there.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
I have not registered for the event yet, have been planning to attend to meet like minded folks and bring the family with for a change. I would be leaving pensacola Fl area around the 8th of december and mad dash it to the border area. Would be willing to meet up with any others intrested in convoying out of the border area.

Del

Just updating post- We are officially registered for the event now and are intrested in convoying with anybody that wants to from the east coast.

Last edited:

technichen

Observer
Hey Everyone,
My family(wife&twins)and I will be leaving from Charleston, WV. I would love to road trip down with a group. We don't have a set schedule yet, but our tentative plan is to make the kick off party and stay with the group from there.

UPDATE*
No family now for this trip! But a good buddy of mine from the FJ Bruisers will be joining me as co-pilot! This is going to be epic!!!

technichen

Observer
Ok east coasters!!! Who's going???? Where are you leaving from and when?

I'll be leaving Charleston West Virginia on December 7th

I will be making a slight detour and heading south to Alabama then across to Mexico

jds0912

Adventurer
Im out unfortunately. My brother decided his priorities are passing the Bar Exam and not riding to central america...

technichen

Observer
We are leaving WV on the 7th. I have to race another race on the 8th in Bremen, AL. It's the final race of the UTVRR and Im in the points right now :p
We will leave there on the 9th and head for the boarder.
I agree, I would like to cross with a group. The Race I thought officially started on the 11th in Guanajuato, Has this been confirmed and I missed it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles