East Coast to West Coast

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hi all
my wife and I are currently heading across the continent in our 4WD Truck.
Map20150406.jpg

We have some excellent photos of the outback and are really enjoying the trip. Here are some photos from the trip so far.
Amesz-Truck-on-Tin-Tin-Lake.jpg

Murray-River-Lunar-Rise.jpg

Punkah-Creek.jpg

Please drop us a line if you have any ideas

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

oka boy

Observer
Where are you guys now?,feel like a chat when you get to Perth? will love to have a coffee and have some travel chats.PM if you guys feel like it
Cheers,Joe

Fugly

Adventurer
G'Day! Steve,

Enjoy the trip....
Those pics are great ...
Some good places to see in this country of ours ....

Cheers Fugly

tomammi

Banned
steve4wdaus! Your images are really nice and show the adventurous thing in its photos. I have some knowledge for this A coastline or a seashore is an area where land meets the sea or ocean, or a line that forms the boundary between the land and the ocean or a lake. I like coasts and I visited many coasts in my life Like South America's coast, Asia's Coast and few others.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hi All
Firstly thank you for the interest. I must admit I lost track of this post. I am sorry to have not replied to those who took the time to comment. Mid Oct 15, Alison and I completed our 220 days around Australia. What a blast. http://www.4wdaus.com/archive/index.php/justabout
Here is the final map of what we covered.
Map-2015-10-08.jpg

And a few photos from the trip incl some of the other vehicles out there!
4WDaus-Outback-Pano-02.jpg

Man-Truck-Trax-and-Shannon-02.jpg

SLR-Motorhome-02.jpg

Oka_XT9-2.jpg

Eucla-Camping-Amesz.jpg

Until our next trip

Cheers from Steve

Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi guys we are glad you two had a great safe trip.
Wow 220 days went so quick.
Thank you two for sharing your wonderful photos and stories as the trip you guys did is similar to what we are planning to do in a few years.
Robyn Davidson , her trek is what we would like to do but with our canter not camels.

Pete and Kel

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hi Pete and Kel
It did fly quickly and we did feel we rushed the trip home. We are looking forward to heading back to the west coast again this year, but taking it slower through the Gibson Desert area. It still amazing to us how Robyn Davidson only lost her camels twice in the trips through the South Gibson. She is truly an incredible person to cross such a large section of Australia. Certainly would be a challenge to retrace her steps, I think the Canters would be much thirstier than the camels.
Safe travels guys, hope to bump into you sometime.
Regards
Steve and Alison

Last edited:

hmmar

Observer
Wow, you have shared here a really honorable images of this trip which you have enjoyed and now I Would like to suggest my uncle he have a like this one of vicale to go for a travel on the destination of West Coast of USA, It has much attraction which we can explore in on one tour. I wish he will try to go and will go with me.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Wow, you have shared here a really honorable images of this trip which you have enjoyed and now I Would like to suggest my uncle he have a like this one of vicale to go for a travel on the destination of West Coast of USA, It has much attraction which we can explore in on one tour. I wish he will try to go and will go with me.

Sadly, this is West Coast of Australia. :) But thank you for the positive feedback. Safe travels. Steve

hmmar

Observer
Ooh! its means its a beautiful images from West Coast of Australia and it is not West Coast of USA. So sure you will come back from here lots of best e memories which you will do here. Hope so you'ill share with us soon as well as possible...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles