East Coast Road Trip (April 21-May 8)&(June28-July18) through 32 US States with my 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid...

Niagara Falls this night at 10pm. I think they turn in the lights every night as from 8:30pm. Very amazing sight to watch. The park was very full for it being 10pm. And by 11pm when we were leaving, there were still a lot of people at the park. The park is opened 24 hours. So, it never closes. If you ever visit this park, make sure to make time to come at night to see the lights.
5g4n8lM.jpg

1AY2gT0.jpg

UvHgg8h.jpg

Yesterday before leaving Chicago, went and visited Millennium Park for my first time and to see the iconic bean.
E0IQyEA.jpg

OQvtZ71.jpg

6PA8GD3.jpg

bp7rTeY.jpg

Then took a sign at the end point of Route 66. Since I love route 66 and have driven a good part of it throughout my travels over the years. I just wanted to know where it ends and take a picture of it.
vOs0Lr4.jpg

After that, we had to get a bite of a real Chicagi hotdog before getting on the road.
klY1Ac3.jpg

On I-55 from Chicago to Bloomington, when you are about 20 miles away from getting to Bloomington, IL, you find this very good gas station; Wally's. I strongly recommend for anyone using that road. It was a worthwhile stop.
8Fot9wD.jpg

And a pic of some smoke that from afar, we thought it was a tornado forming ahead of us until we got there and saw this.
z9h8rf0.jpg

2 days ago in Hot Sprongs, AR. Visited the National Park and walked around their downtown area.
c2hueGD.jpg

EtTiAAm.jpg

UAFb7g4.jpg

At night, I flew my drone a little distance away to capture some pictures of the downtown area. The street leading to the hotel and a picture of the hotel we stayed at.
3WUju1h.jpg

a1vpsVL.jpg

W3DSkQK.jpg

Yesterday was the last day of the road trip as we drove 7 hours from Hot Springs to Houston.

I am happy to say I have finally achieved my goal of driving through all 48 US states and taking a picture with my own car at all "Welcome to ...." signs of all 48 States. I just need now to make a shutterfly album of me posing infront all those signs with my car to keep to remind me all the awesome memories.

Here is my odometer at end of my trip showing I drove 5,900.3 miles and I got 38.4mpg on this trip.
z0Hut9c.jpg

Here is my summary in numbers.

Total miles driven: 5,900.3 miles
Cost of gas: $445.13
Total gallons: 158.392 gallons
Miles per gallon: 38.4mpg for the whole trip, according to car.
I calculated 37.3mpg.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles