Earthroamer

ZenQuest

Glad to see an honest seller. Just read your experience maxbergi and that was a real bummer. Good luck on your ongoing search.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
As long as it is as advertised, that’s a hell of a deal! Heck, I’d sell our 95 Tiger to buy that! Good luck and enjoy whoever gets it!

ovrland6250

Just so we have a record of the truck and the sale price:

ER.png

ER3.png

Hey @mog - Thanks for confirming that. I am including the paste from my email with Jim. I did ask in my email if bulletproofing had been done and this was the reply.

ER Email.JPG

I took "all the aftermarket upgrades" to mean it was bulletproof. Just trying to be as transparent as possible.

I hope this person from Montana enjoys it!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Hey @mog - Thanks for confirming that. I am including the paste from my email with Jim. I did ask in my email if bulletproofing had been done and this was the reply.
I took "all the aftermarket upgrades" to mean it was bulletproof. Just trying to be as transparent as possible. I hope this person from Montana enjoys it!
When I spoke with him on the phone I asked about 'bulletproofing' and he said he had not heard of that term until people started calling and asking him about it. He was aware now of what it is as it was 'explained' to him by other callers. In his defense, he was overwhelmed by the number of phone calls he is getting. Other than that, he spoke of all the other items in his email reply to you.
He certainly came across as an honest guy, which is proved by him waiting from the guy from Montana to show up. I said I would be glad to pay more than his 'asking price' and he said as he had committed to the Montana guy, he could not accept that. Good for him, a 'man of his word' is getting to be a rare breed this day and age.
Certainly 'the deal' of 2020.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Probably a lot of 6.0 owners that just drive their stock trucks every day and do the standard maintenance and have never had a problem.

Lot of time left in 2020 for crazy deals!

180out

they wheel just fine for the 16k pound beast that they are. not many folks are going to go hard with their house. great for dirt roads and unbeatable for off grid camping. i tow a jeep for the crazy exploring stuff.

Reactions: zip

Msand

Importer
Isn't that the Mexico repo ER? Sold for $90,000 like three years ago, then ended up on eBay from a Mexican repo shop in Tijuana.

But if this sells for $60,000- which it will. Everyone's ERs are going to go down in value. Because this is posted everywhere. Along with the one that sold for $98,000 a year ago.

I had the same thing happen with a rare Ferrari 599 GTO I was flipping, one sold at auction for like $180,000 next thing you know they are all selling for that when they are worth $550,000-$800,000. I mean if this ends up on jalopnik, or Car and driver that's going to really sucks for people who want to sell their ER.

Last edited:

shellb

Adventurer
Isn't that the Mexico repo ER? Sold for $90,000 like three years ago, then ended up on eBay from a Mexican repo shop in Tijuana.

But if this sells for $60,000- which it will. Everyone's ERs are going to go down in value. Because this is posted everywhere. Along with the one that sold for $98,000 a year ago.

I had the same thing happen with a rare Ferrari 599 GTO I was flipping, one sold at auction for like $180,000 next thing you know they are all selling for that when they are worth $550,000-$800,000. I mean if this ends up on jalopnik, or Car and driver that's going to really sucks for people who want to sell their ER.

Did those really move at that price?? ******.

Kess

I communicated with the owner via several emails. He was very helpful and honest. I asked about accidents and he told me about two. One repaired by ER (slid off a snowy road and a camper window was damaged) the second sounded more serious (truck hit the center divider on the highway). I asked for photos but he did not have any. I asked for invoices to at least to see what had been damaged/repaired but at that point I guess someone else was in line before me. The vehicle had been an ER demo and he did live in it for about a year at some point. $60k is a good price but I was a bit nervous not knowing more about the extent of the damage that was done. I would hate to mis-spend $60K as that is still a bunch of cash at least to me. I hope he has good luck with the sale. I am still on the hunt but have not seen any other ERs in that price range. Willing to spend more for a decent one and prefer the earlier shorter model myself.

KillerB

Curiosity: wouldn't it be a grade-A pain in the butt to bulletproof the 6.0 on an Earthroamer, since the normal process includes lifting off the cab...and you can't do that on one of these?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Not terrible. Engine comes out the front without much hassle.

Just a bit more messy than in chassis, cab-off.

You can also do it all without pulling the motor or the cab, but its going to be rough.
And Id much prefer to pull the engine (or cab-off) to help guarantee the quality of the work done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles