Earthroamer

chrisjhood

I am not; sharing for the benefit of the community and also the non-profit trying to sell it.
And if I were considering buying it I wouldn’t have posted the link...

Taylor now that you have made the drive home in the roamer tell us what you think. How do you like it compared to the van? For those of use that team someday to find a deal on a roamer like you did def curious to your thoughts.

taylor3633

Observer
Taylor now that you have made the drive home in the roamer tell us what you think. How do you like it compared to the van? For those of use that team someday to find a deal on a roamer like you did def curious to your thoughts.
I am still over the moon about the deal. I had the roamer out with the family camping last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed all of it. On monday I took it to my mechanic to have a full baseline done and he was impressed with the quality and told me it was obviously well maintained. There are a few small things to do but I fully anticipated that. The engine runs very well and has not been mucked with which is good but I will be going down the path of a full bulletproofing. Overall I am extrememly pleased with the purchase and looking forward to longer term adventures in it along with the more local weekends with the family. We are hoping to do a coastal BC trip this summer (pandemic pending) and I am also planning (another) powder highway (BC) trip this winter.

On a different note... I have been doing some work on the exterior and have found that the mountain-scape wrap has failed and the fiberglass underneath has yellowed. I got a quote from a shop for a full wrap but am having a hard time justifying the price in my head for something that will fail in 5-7 years. I am going to take it to a body shop to see if they can blend in new paint in that area. Besides these options, has anyone dealt with yellowing fiberglass? I tried buffing it out mechanically to no avail.

Thanks!

Msand

Importer
I am still over the moon about the deal. I had the roamer out with the family camping last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed all of it. On monday I took it to my mechanic to have a full baseline done and he was impressed with the quality and told me it was obviously well maintained. There are a few small things to do but I fully anticipated that. The engine runs very well and has not been mucked with which is good but I will be going down the path of a full bulletproofing. Overall I am extrememly pleased with the purchase and looking forward to longer term adventures in it along with the more local weekends with the family. We are hoping to do a coastal BC trip this summer (pandemic pending) and I am also planning (another) powder highway (BC) trip this winter.

On a different note... I have been doing some work on the exterior and have found that the mountain-scape wrap has failed and the fiberglass underneath has yellowed. I got a quote from a shop for a full wrap but am having a hard time justifying the price in my head for something that will fail in 5-7 years. I am going to take it to a body shop to see if they can blend in new paint in that area. Besides these options, has anyone dealt with yellowing fiberglass? I tried buffing it out mechanically to no avail.

Thanks!
Taylor, a member reached out to me and said he called ER and mentioned the $60,000 earth roamer sale. Apparently ER replied that it was a salvage title- is that true? Or is ER just trying to say how their rigs don't deprecate to possible future clients.

taylor3633

Observer
Taylor, a member reached out to me and said he called ER and mentioned the $60,000 earth roamer sale. Apparently ER replied that it was a salvage title- is that true? Or is ER just trying to say how their rigs don't deprecate to possible future clients.
Not true. Clear title.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Thanks!

Awesome!
I thought it was fully bulletproofed already(just not by Bulletproof the company)?

180out

Thanks!
i also found a great deal on a GXV a year ago. it was not painted or wrapped but i was concerned about the sun and yellowing. mine was a 2012 but i was still worried. the shell was in perfect shape at the time of purchase. i went ahead and spent the money for a full wrap. i dont regret it. makes the bugs much easier to wash off and well worth protecting the fiberglass.

zip

I prefer social distancing.

Thanks!

Happy this has worked out for you.
I would probably go with having a body shop try to paint over it.
How much was the full wrap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior