EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

Doc Foster

Adventurer
As usual an amazing end product. Like many others I have followed this thread for years. I think many (including myself) would love to see a video of your completed project, highlighting the numerous features, including a 360 degree sweep of the interior.
Please keep us up to date of how this vehicle works for you in the future and of any other future projects. A devoted fan.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
As usual an amazing end product. Like many others I have followed this thread for years. I think many (including myself) would love to see a video of your completed project, highlighting the numerous features, including a 360 degree sweep of the interior.
Please keep us up to date of how this vehicle works for you in the future and of any other future projects. A devoted fan.

Will do and thank you...!!!...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
59 - Rear Lights and Interior Electrical

P1160008.JPG

(above) The lights under the rear porch are now all white/clear... There is attached to the porch lights another led lamp that illuminates the rear step... Call them porch lights... Also changed are pair of back-up lights... Like the screw-in mount much better than that plastic-wax-ring-push-on type of lights...

P1160010.JPG

(above) The work zone...

P1160011.JPG

(above) R to L: Center Spot - Side Lights - Cabin Lights ... On the wall: Water pump and Hot Water, on a timer... Both will have marker lights to keep you focused...

P1160012.JPG

(above) Doing it the easy way...

P1160013.JPG

(above) Stoked to get the batteries in...!!!...

P1160014.JPG

(above) Yeah, sure...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
60 - Lighting

P1160015.JPG

(above) Porch Lighting... A pair of cheap 2.5" LEDs and a single tiny LED at the rear step... Switched on the sink base cabinet face...

P1160016.JPG

(above) Interior wall recess lighting... LED strip lights behind wall trim board... On a dimmer... Looks cool in any other picture than this...

P1160017.JPG

(above) Awning Lights... Single tiny LED lights... Two one each side... Look like security cameras when not illuminated...

P1160018.JPG

(above) Driver side Awning Lights... The sticker near the light says "SMILE YOU'RE ON CAMERA"... Level One, of the new security system...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Just when it was going so good...

Finalizing the fitting and connecting... All rear cabin 12 volt is connected and working fine, one battery is connected to power the systems... Slow going but fun...

Fit the water intake/cleaning access port to the water tank... Flushed out the tank, then refilled it with bleach water... Let it sit all afternoon then turned on the faucet... Water was spraying everywhere from the seam at the water pump... Bleach water... Filled under the front carpet... Damn...

Drained the tank, sponged it out and pulled the carpet... Looking for a positive after that, at least it's sanitary under there now...

I had drained the water tank in the fall, but there must have still been some water in there during one of our many deep freezes this past winter...

The new pump will be here Monday... Changeover should be simple...

akpostal

Adventurer
17884590_10155061284896215_7385551950777154285_n.jpg
[/QUOUTE]

How is the spare tire braced/supported by the hard top?

Mounting it to the passenger side would be my goal. I have the Rhino-Rack Back Bone on my hard top so it could tie into that as well. While Ild rather have the tire inside, outside would work if I can get it braced/supported properly.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
17884590_10155061284896215_7385551950777154285_n.jpg
[/QUOUTE]

How is the spare tire braced/supported by the hard top?

Mounting it to the passenger side would be my goal. I have the Rhino-Rack Back Bone on my hard top so it could tie into that as well. While Ild rather have the tire inside, outside would work if I can get it braced/supported properly.

The mounting plate for the tire support was originally fabricated for the Jeep when Mike had it... The mounting plate is roughly 10" x 10" , made from 1/4" steel with three 5/8" bolts welded to the plate... The side walls of the rear cabin are about 3/4" thick and rigid... No worries about strength... The mounting plate was bedded to the interior wall with polyurethane construction adhesive... It ain't going anywhere...

P1150701.JPG

P1140567.JPG

P1140561.JPG

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hey Paul. Question... are you going to be at the BC Overland Rally this year? I would love to see your work in person and check out the Jeep.

Looks good BTW, its come a long way!
Greg

java

Expedition Leader
Wow I thought I was subscribed to this thread. Just caught up on all the drama and the rebuild. IMO no one better than Paul to be the end owner. Sorry for all the heartache Mike.

And Paul, the NW Overland Rally is the 16-18th in Plain WA if your interested. Id love to see your work in person some day. Your builds are always an inspiration.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Just caught up on all the drama and the rebuild. IMO no one better than Paul to be the end owner. Sorry for all the heartache Mike.
Well, it was quite, what? . . . "disheartening?" and I'm sad there's no time machine to use to undo everything, as I really, really miss the XV-JP. Given the situation, though, I totally agree with you that passing it on to Paul was the best option, and I'm very pleased that he's now got it back on the road and is getting some use out of it.

java

Expedition Leader
Well, it was quite, what? . . . "disheartening?" and I'm sad there's no time machine to use to undo everything, as I really, really miss the XV-JP. Given the situation, though, I totally agree with you that passing it on to Paul was the best option, and I'm very pleased that he's now got it back on the road and is getting some use out of it.

Yeah I clicked to the last page and went wow that looks really different and started clicking back to see the changes.... Then the gutted pics.... I cant imagine how that felt when it finally clicked that it was never coming together out of RCE.

It was a great build, and I am glad to see it being rebuilt and used again that is for sure. I have enjoyed your builds with Paul, always quirky, but well planned and done. I can see missing that truck for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles