EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

GR8ADV

Explorer
P1120724.JPG

(above) After measuring the Jeep a scale drawing was made... 1"= 6" ...

P1120731.JPG

(above) Now the fun begins...!!!...

Look it is already more thought-out with better craftsmanship than anything Dion did...

squeezer

Adventurer
Paul, I hope you didnt build that model outside in cold temperatures, or the resin might not harden properly :)

Thats cold... Funny but cold!

Paul,

When Mike and I were talking about how to move ahead with the Jeep one of the hurdles was the spare tire. If its on the back in a swing away, cabin access was awkward and putting it up top has a bunch of drawbacks as well...

One of the thoughts that came to mind was to add a side entry door (A person could use the stock jeep rear door with a bit of work). That would lend itself well to the classic Westphalia floor plan. There would be tailgate access to a very large storage locker under the bench and with a bit more effort a seat belt or two could be added to carry the 3rd or 4th person on occasion.

Not sure if you are going to have the top lifting or not at this point but if it was fixed its easy to imagine a lined pocket and straps that held surfboards out of harms way inside...

Cheers

Chris

4wd26

Do you really need a 3rd entrance in such a small camper
2 front doors are available, sure you loose some centre console but security and dust/ weather proofing is better

Just depends on living inside or outside is the goal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thethePete

Explorer
^ That is an interesting thought, though it might prove to be slightly inconvenient for someone of Paul's stature over time.

Paul, what about an offset rear entrance and the spare offset to the other side? It changes your layout options inside, but potentially opens up some real estate on the back wall for things...

Are you considering a fixed top? I can't see the benefit to a bubbled top like that if you're going to be raising it still anyway, since at that point the advantage would be the lowest possible closed over-all height.

Always enjoy watching your process.

4wd26

There are other options, like an escape/ weather/ vent hatch in the roof if that concerned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz